Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, My spacers came in - 15mm -

Unfortunately, won't fit. I thought I had enough clearance for the mounting Threads, but I guess not.

So, I decided to go ahead and paint the calipers since I was in a modding mood.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The wheels wouldn't fit over the spacer? Was it because the back pad of the wheel was solid?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There were cutouts on the back of the wheel, but for some reason, they weren't lining up with the mount threads. When I bought them, It stated to "make sure that you have xmm of space for the mount threads". I checked that, but the tip of the threads are hitting up against the flat part of the wheel, not into the gap on the back of the wheel.

Oh yeah, 15mm spacers for sale :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ogerdgonz said:
can't you grind the threads down some to make it fit?
Not really. If you look at the above pic, the Nut is also sticking out some form the spacer. That being the case, if it won't clear the thread, it definitley won't clear the nut.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I got the 25mm because my rims didn't have the clearance. Glad I didn't get the 15mm's.

Would 25mm's fit? I started with 40 offset, I am now 15 offset in rear, 5mm spacer in front.

What Caliper paint did you use? They look great.!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used Duplicolor Caliper kit to do it. It comes with the paint, brake cleaner, brush etc.

Padanky - I know you have the 25 mm spacers. If you want. we can meet up one day and I will give you the rest of my caliper paint(more than enough to do the fronts) if you will let me take off your rear wheels to see if your spacers will work with my wheels. My main concern in getting the 25mm is the clearance with the coilovers. I don't know if 25mm will be too far out. The wheels are a 35mm offset -25mm leaves a 10mm setup. I don't want to be sticking out too far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.