1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TOYS 4 TOTS - Sunday, December 18, 2005

The Original Link from: http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=95903

Original Post by: Ray Fong at Weapon*R USA

The holidays are fast approaching, and I hope all of you have had a great year. As we all know, this is the time of year to be with loved ones (and sometimes not so loved ones Tongue ), share a laugh or two, and exchange gifts too! But this should also be a time for those of us who are fortunate enough to have a nice holiday gifts, to remember those who have to live without. Thousands of young children almost never get to experience the holidays the way most of us have.

There are ways we can help though. StreetRacing.Org, will be holding their fifth annual Toys for Tots Charity Event, December 18th from noon til 4pm. The event will be hosted by Weapon*R/MMW at their facilities in South San Francisco. We will be collecting new in package toys to be donated. Raffle tickets will be given for each toy that is donated. We'll have plenty of prizes TBA.

There will be a live DJ providing music, food will be available from a local catering truck, and we have plenty of space for parking and showing off your ride. This will be a family event, so please, no speeding, donuts, drifting, or any illegal activity allowed. Everyone is welcome, and bringing your friends and family is encouraged. So come out, drop off a toy, and enjoy a day with friends and other enthusiast! We can all use some good karma, so I hope to see you there!

What: SRO Toys for Tots Charity Event
When: Sunday, December 18, 2005 Noon-4pm
Where: Weapon*R Headquarters, 180 Sylvester Rd, SSF, 94080
Why: Because some little kid isn't fortunate enough to have a nice little gift this Christmas! Sad
For more information, feel free to contact me or Ryan at SRO

Thanks to our sponsors:
StreetRacing.Org
Weapon*R/MMW
Sense Motorsports
more sponsors to come....

Hope to see you there!
Happy Holidays!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stylis said:
see you there tammie
Oh, well look who decided to show up!! LOL!! My favorite [email protected]$$! Ha-ha!! Miss ya, Gabe! I'll see you and the family on Sunday!:)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Tammie, I won't be there as I already had something else scheduled that day.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
squirrel said:
Tammie, I won't be there as I already had something else scheduled that day.
I understand, but I'm sure I will see you next year at other events. I know you have your surgery coming up soon, too.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mybadbox said:
Nice but to far for me this weekend but take some pics
You know it!! I usually take pics at the local meets and I do plan to take pics at this one since it's the last event of the year. I will post here and on SL as well.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
I understand, but I'm sure I will see you next year at other events. I know you have your surgery coming up soon, too.
Tammie, I think the gig last week was prolly my last for at least three months. I'll see you on the flip side.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, so it's raining pretty good here, but the event is still on! I'm gonna head out in about 1/2 hour so I will post pics later on today or tomorrow.:)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, WeaponR for putting on this nice Toys 4 Tots event!

And thank you to all of you who showed up and brought in toys, Evildave, Angela, Tim, Ed, David, Kat, Gabe and a few other Scion guys.

I would have taken more pics of the cars, but the weather sucked. I apologize for the size of the pics.

They had cookies and big @$$ donuts!

Drop off table:

Look at all those toys!

Some cars:

You know these people:

And they had a raffle, good prizes! The Scion Group won the majority of the raffle...look what I won:

Thanks again for putting on this event and thanks to all who showed up. What a great way to end the year.

Happy Holidays to all!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dtrain619 said:
Way to go, Tammie! ;) And you got a nice hook-up for your next mod! Good job!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
The only bad thing about that prize...they don't carry Scion parts!! They are in my area, so I'm gonna go by and check them out and inquire about Scion parts.:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.