Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post. I really want to buy a xB. I live in Tucson, AZ and Looking for a good deal. Every dealership I call wants $1269.00 for tax (cant really get around that) and $568.00 for document and licence fees. That is $1837.00 extra. I am getting a stock xB and anding the IPOD radio. Does anyone know of any place in southern AZ where I can get it with less taxes or less fess?

:eek:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Taxes and reg fees in AZ

Hi MrF, I can't help you as far as buying a car in Southern AZ. But to the best of my knowledge buying a car in Oregon is your best bet. As I understand it there is no state sales tax and the registration fees are about $35 for two years. The hard part is if you buy a car in another state you are suppose to pay the taxes here and they give you a little time to change registration over to here. One way around this is if you can find a way to keep the car registered in Oregon. I am retired so it is easy for me to to get around this by getting an address in Oregon. If you have friends or relatives in Oregon you might try and find a way around this by using their address. You will also have to get your insurance in Oregon. If you get stopped for having out of states plates, just tell the officer you have property in Oregon also. Another thing, officers always ask you when you get stopped, is this your correct address? You will have to tell them you have two addresses and that you go back and forth between the two states a lot, that is why I have an AZ drivers license. It is up to you if you want to do this. You may just do this for the first year or two and then change the registration over to AZ. The cost of a one way ticket to Oregon is about $150 or so, plus the cost of a hotel, gas and travel time. Just my thoughts on this.

Al

·
Registered
40 Posts
mrf.......dealerships always have those fees..... to get away with out paying the taxes is probably buying from a private owner..... and telling them to put gift or trade on the title....... all you would have to pay is transfer title fee...... well thats what i heard.....not trying to get you in trouble with uncle sam.....

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
If you register in your home state you will have to pay tax in that state. No way around that unless you have another address out of state like Al said. Registration is the same way.

The doc fee is another story. Those fees range between about $50 and $500 depending on the dealership and area. Due to Pure Price a dealership can't waive that fee on a Scion so you have a choice. You can shop for a better doc fee or just go with the dealership that seems most knowledgable on Scions or is closest to you or that you feel most comfortable in and pay whatever they are asking.

Good luck!

-Alex

·
XrayBravo
752 Posts
Yeah, you can't get around those fees on a new car. Buy from a private owner and theres no taax otherwise pony up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.