Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend I am wanting to purchase a new 2012 Scion XB. The ticket price is $19,330 but the general manager has offered me $1500 off which would be $17,930 since they have had two of them on the lot for so long. The general manager even gave me the car for 24hours to drive. Which was awesome. They are motivated to sell the car so I have come up with two deals that I wanted to see what you all thought about them. I figure I will push for one of these deals and go after this new scion or I can walk as I am looking at 2 other cars in town as well or buy a slightly used scion from carmax.

Deal 1: Car 17,930

- Dealer pays for plantinum toyota care extended warranty
- Deal pays for TTL ( title, tax, and license)
- Deal pay for upgraded accessories ( mud guards, fog lights, rear bumper protector)

Deal 2 : Car 17,930
- Deal Pays TTL (title, tax, and license)
- Deal pay for upgraded accessories ( mud guards, fog lights, rear bumper protector, Rear cargo tray, C pillar storage net, 16 inch alloy wheels, and premium radio upgrade)

I know this is over ambitious but I like the car but I have no problem with walking or being there for hours on hours. What do you all think? I am looking for feedback, and/or ideas. Is there anything I should be looking for specifically?

·
Registered
378 Posts
good luck, id be surprised if they went for that, usually when they make a deal they wont bend over backwards for the sale. but if you can score it, then you scored! GL!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,001 Posts
Be sure to ask about a dealer imposed "paperwork fee" or other fees which they may have neglected to mention just yet, and be sure you have the total price "out the door" when comparing the deals.

No need to pay some Scion dealerships for Scion accessories since you maybe can beat their cost an other dealerships and the warranty is honored by Scion just as if you bought them at the time of sale. Compare the price of new accessories you want to other local dealerships or some of them selling on eBay, or from individuals selling new parts they won at a Scion meet raffle. Most of the Scion parts are easy installs.

Unless you prefer to buy new, a one year to two year old motor vehicle will have taken the biggest percentage depreciation hits to its residual value, and will still have some of the original warranty in effect. Usually you still can purchase extended warranty coverage if you want it.

Check with your insurance agent about rates for comparing the new car policy cost versus the late model car policy cost.

And remember, if a dealership will sell you the car for what you want to pay, you did not get a great deal; maybe a good deal. The best deal is one in which they will not sell you the car for what you offered. Of course then, you would not have the car; but you made a great offer. Kind of like a Zen riddle.

Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
26,572 Posts
I got my wife a 2012 box and I went after the Toyota total care package !!!! With some work I got them to throw it in to seal the deal !!!!

G/L !!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts