Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is this I hear that you can push the button on the Odometer and you get a burst of speed. Is this for real ???

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
I think thats just the added momentum from your body moving forward to press the button. I knew someday taking physics would pay off. LOL

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
well, if you're short like me, by reaching the odometer, i have to step on the gas more. :D

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
not really a burst of speed just makes ur engine rev higher and harder , i use mine when going uphills and it revs at 5,000 rpms making it easier to get up hills at like 90mph , but due to the fact of ur engine running harder it sucks gas like a mofo.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
^^^ are you serious? Why would pushing the odometer button make your car go faster? I think its time to call Myth Busters! :D
lol o0o my bad i thought he was refering to the overdrive button LMAO!

·
Registered
354 Posts
well, if you're short like me, by reaching the odometer, i have to step on the gas more. :D
I would tend to believe this. not button that give burst but when you lean forward to push it you unknowingly press gas a littler harder but you mentally think you get a burst of speed by pressing button but in actuallity you are press gas pedal a little more for that second that you lean for to press the button. so you get the burst from the small increase in pressing on the gas not pressing the button.

now if you want to get really confused technically pressing the button does cause a burst of speed but it is due to other series of event in association with pressing the button but not actually pushing the button itself.:D Confused.. lol

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
^^^^^ Hells yeah, was that an aftermarket mod? lol

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Man you guy's really crack me up ................. Funny stuff!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn it WORKS !! Im gonna see what happens when I open the glove box now. yee haw

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you drive on the bumps/reflectors on the sides of the road and between lanes your gas mileage will go up.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
^^^^lmao^^^^

·
Registered
37 Posts
lol the O/D stands for overdrive...and I can't laugh too hard at you cause I would've never known about the button if it wasn't for my cousin...I wish he hadn't shown it to me...I've gotten one ticket and a court appearance as a result of it...:eek:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.