Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to the thread posting but I've been on here plenty of times for insight. What I still haven't been able to figure out is my oil situation. I drive an 04 xb and my car is constantly burning through my oil. I have no leaks for sure I've checked like a million times and plus I park on concrete so I would think there would be oil on it if t leaked. If ANYONE has the same problem or has insight on how to fix my problem that would be awesome! Because I'm tired of constantly buying oil to make sure my car doesn't run out! THANK YOU GUYS!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I don't have no stains or anything that's why I can't figure out what's going on haha. Like I've searched through everything to try and find a leak or anything but I can't. And so I put w10 in instead of w5 since it's thicker, and literally I'm still losing oil and I really cannot figure out what's happening haha.

·
Registered
360 Posts
How many miles are on it? I'l at 175K and I've been burning oil for a while, my rear bumper is pretty dark near the exhaust now :(

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
A clogged PCV system often leads to oil burning. Try replacing the PCV valve, and see if that helps. It should be an every-50k maintenance item and costs maybe ten bucks at the dealer.

A high-mileage oil might help slow your consumption, as well. Any API-certified 5w30 will do. Starting at about 200k miles, my wife's old Honda Odyssey used a quart about every 4k, and Mobil Super High Mileage slowed it by half.

How bad is your consumption? Most manufacturers consider 1 quart every 1000 miles to be "normal." I consider that "excessive," but maybe my standards are too high.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Hi guys, I'm new to the thread posting but I've been on here plenty of times for insight. What I still haven't been able to figure out is my oil situation. I drive an 04 xb and my car is constantly burning through my oil. I have no leaks for sure I've checked like a million times and plus I park on concrete so I would think there would be oil on it if t leaked. If ANYONE has the same problem or has insight on how to fix my problem that would be awesome! Because I'm tired of constantly buying oil to make sure my car doesn't run out! THANK YOU GUYS!
Open your oil filler cap after a 10 min drive, does it smoke? Do you see vapor coming out of the filler hole?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1NZFE engine is known for high oil consumption? I know the older 1ZZFE engines in the Corollas were known for oil consumption due to clogged and inadequate oil return holes in the pistons. They only had 2 oil return holes on the piston.

Does anyone know how many oil return holes are on a stock 1NZFE piston? My understanding this engine is built proof and is not plagued with oil consumption issues like some Toyota motors due to a faulty piston design. I am curious if someone has performed a rebuild and noticed how many oil return holes are present on our motors.

My guess for the few members having issues with consumption would be lack of maintenance (i.e. oil changes) possibly from unknown service history of a previous owner. Many people have well over 200k on these motors with no significant issues.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.