Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cleared my headlights today and followed instructions that I found on that "other site". The instructions were helpful until it came time to actually remove the bumper. I took out all of the screws but it still wouldn't come loose. I pulled and prodded for a while and then gave it the Ford move...pulled hard. It popped loose and then I found out why it wasn't coming off. There is a tab that goes through a hole in the top of the bumper. The tab is on the headlight housing itself. Once this tab was released the bumper came off just fine.

Here is the hole that the tab goes into:

This is the tab on the headlight housing that goes into the hole on the bumper:

Another shot of the hole and mount:

I had to break out the touch-up paint to fix a few boo-boo's I made trying to get the bumper off. You probably already knew about this but just in case...here ya go! ;)

I'll be posting later tonight with my clear corners and a little something extra...

Reactions: bB626

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Yeah, I hate that tab.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
whoa whoa whoa. i dont have that tab on mine. so the tab is on the fender? or on the headlight?

ive had my front bumper off over a dozen times (ive had almost every body panel off the car now). theres no tab on mine like that. does everyone else have one?

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
ScionScotty said:
whoa whoa whoa. i dont have that tab on mine. so the tab is on the fender? or on the headlight?

ive had my front bumper off over a dozen times (ive had almost every body panel off the car now). theres no tab on mine like that. does everyone else have one?

scotty

It should be there, I broke them off my dual halo's because they where shaped wrong and I didn't have a grinder.

All the OEM lights have them.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
hmmm weird. ive had my lights off twice and never noticed any tab there. i might have to rip my car apart this weekend since its dead anyway. i dont remember any tabs though at all.

scotty

·
Registered
43 Posts
ScionScotty said:
hmmm weird. ive had my lights off twice and never noticed any tab there. i might have to rip my car apart this weekend since its dead anyway. i dont remember any tabs though at all.

scotty
off topic but why is it dead?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Go to "Damn car is dead" under General. Starting systems fudged to all hell right now. Im afraid it might not be the battery now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.