Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound like an oddball topic (and I hope I've posted it in the appropriate place.)

I have a Solar Yellow RS 2.0 and my wife has a dark blue xB. Often, they share the same driveway in front of our house.

I repeatedly noticed something odd. There are many flies, mosquitos and other insects on my car and virtually none on hers. We use the same car wax and the same soaps for washing down the cars. (We even eat a lot of the same foods so it's not the garlic or honey mustard - LOL)

Is the bright yellow color misleading these insects into thinking that my xB is a giant flower?

Any other RS 2.0 Solar Yellow owners notice the same thing?

Bugged!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
lol

never thought about that happening before, that's hilarious. I don't see why they wouldn't. If I was a bee and I came around a leaf to see that RS2 xB, I would crap my pants!

err,.... thorax!

·
Registered
84 Posts
While I don't have any more of a problem with bugs than anyone else who lives in the south; the Salsa Red Pearl seems to attract birds. Today I got a pile on the hood that had to come from an Emu. Thank God cows don't fly.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But seriously!

I was really trying to be serious but I have to admit, all of your responses so far, are so funny that I almost .... in my pants. Lucky I don't fly. LOL

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
hehehe... i feel the same way with mine... i have the RS 3.0 green...
i thought it was the color...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yea, its the bugs, they are attracted to light colors...when my 626 was blue, no problems...when i got it painted white, flies would always land on it. and its not because it was a shitty paint job...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Cravin said:
I learned a long time ago not to wear bright colors like White, Yellow, and whatnot around buggy areas as those colors attract bees and even worse mosquitos.
I wore a yellw shirt to go golfing on Sunday, and that was the biggest mistske in my life. Any time I got near a tree, i would get attacked by bees and wasps :mad: And I fully agree with the PW owners, cuz I will wash my ride and then BAM!!!!!!! Already got bug poop on it :mad:

·
Registered
234 Posts
In Florida we have those stupid love bugs and we noticed that they like white cars. My husband works at a bodyshop and he noticed they swarm around the light colored cars. I drove a black Boston Market van and it had a wrap with a picture of mashed potatoes on it and they would attack the potatoes. My TCM seems to get spiders all over it and they eat the flies.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Yea, i hate love bugs...and i think the "season" just ended, but it wasn't that bad this year...usually you can't go a mile without having letterally hundreds of them all over the front, and its real bad for the paint...

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
re: Florida

TCMSuzie said:
In Florida we have those stupid love bugs and we noticed that they like white cars. My husband works at a bodyshop and he noticed they swarm around the light colored cars. I drove a black Boston Market van and it had a wrap with a picture of mashed potatoes on it and they would attack the potatoes. My TCM seems to get spiders all over it and they eat the flies.

I'm driving down to South Florida at the end of the month. I think I'll bring a jack hammer to chop off the bug bodies that will built up on mmy Yellow Sub.

BTW - Any Scion events going on during the first two weeks in July when I'm in FLorida?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Big_Kokujin said:
Yea, i hate love bugs...and i think the "season" just ended, but it wasn't that bad this year...usually you can't go a mile without having letterally hundreds of them all over the front, and its real bad for the paint...
Any suggestions about the best way to protect the car from " all dem bugs?"

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.