Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I'm making a trip south from NY to FL soon. Was wondering if any of you have installed some type of bug/rock deflector and can suggest a brand, type and seller.

I've seen acrylic, soft vinyl (Bra type) and netting. Which type and brand is best.

Any suggestionf for the best for my xB would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Bug Shield

Hi,

I found a great bug shield. I found it on the Internet and when I went to a place called Car Tunes & Tint, they ordered the same one, that's the company they use. It is called Autovent Shade Bug Shield. If you pull that up on the Internet you will see a shade for a Ford Truck and think you would be getting the wrong one. The one I got is fantiastic. It looks like it is part of the car. It says smoke, but looks as if if is black. I think it really helps for not only bugs, but scratches on the hood and window. I love it. :)

Good luck,
Lois - serenity11

·
Registered
234 Posts
Seems as though the rocks always miss the darn sheild anyway!!! Just be careful to get quallity bra or sheild that doesn't cause more damage than the bugs and rocks will. Oh, and have fun in the sunshine state, watch out for the Gators and dumb tourists. So are you doing Disney?, I used to work there if you need any info.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
serenity11 said:
Hi,

I found a great bug shield. I found it on the Internet and when I went to a place called Car Tunes & Tint, they ordered the same one, that's the company they use. It is called Autovent Shade Bug Shield. If you pull that up on the Internet you will see a shade for a Ford Truck and think you would be getting the wrong one. The one I got is fantiastic. It looks like it is part of the car. It says smoke, but looks as if if is black. I think it really helps for not only bugs, but scratches on the hood and window. I love it. :)

Good luck,
Lois - serenity11

I'll check it out - thanks! It's about the best review for a bug deflector I've seen so far.

Alan

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TCMSuzie said:
Seems as though the rocks always miss the darn sheild anyway!!! Just be careful to get quallity bra or sheild that doesn't cause more damage than the bugs and rocks will. Oh, and have fun in the sunshine state, watch out for the Gators and dumb tourists. So are you doing Disney?, I used to work there if you need any info.
I've been going to Disney since the eyar it opened (75?) but I haven't been for about 3 years. We may do a stop over on the way back north in a few weeks. Thanks for the offer.

I do have a question on a related topic. I see you live in Orlando. I'm thinking of timing my trip down for the weekly Thursday night International Drive get together in Orlando. Have you ever been to it? Is it worth staying overnight one night in Orlando for it (on my way down to south Florida?) Any info wouls be greatly aprreciated.

Thanks

Alan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts