Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recieved the FFF from Orataro today...with a crack up the center. So if any of you experts out there can explain what material I would use to fix this crack, or maybe if i am really lucky someone can reckomend a good shop in central PA that can fix it.

btw excellent craftsmanship on the Front Face Finisher

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
pic ? pllllllease

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I will try with the pics soon but for a description of the crack it is right above where the emblem goes and it runs almost to the top but it is not quite cracked the whole way through yet.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so I guess I will google "how to fix cracked Fiberglass" and go from there. thanks for the help.

anyone else have any suggestions?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, you lay fiberglass over the crack. Sand. Do it all over again, make it level. seal it with gel coat and paint. Voila!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Got your message.

Don't worry, the item is insured. If they don't help you, I'll be more then happy to fix it @ no cost. Just ship it back. That is, if you trust them again in shipping it. I can't believe they folded the box in half. You'd think they'd read the fragile signs all over the box.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Got your message.

Don't worry, the item is insured. If they don't help you, I'll be more then happy to fix it @ no cost. Just ship it back. That is, if you trust them again in shipping it. I can't believe they folded the box in half. You'd think they'd read the fragile signs all over the box.
Now that is service!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok everyone thanks for your help (especially Ron). I think the USPS read the do not bend stickers and knew exactly what to do with it.:p Next weekend I am going to try and fix it myself. Ron recommended Marglass. Does anyone have any experience with this?

btw expect many more amature questions to come as i mentally prep myself for my first fiberglass project

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.