Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I run the Scion Owners Club of Ottawa website and forum (see link in my sig)

Anyways, I'm sure all of you have heard of Scion's plans to drop the 2nd gen xB and no real direct replacement for it. I have had several discussions with some of my contacts at the Scion dealers here in Ottawa, Ontario Canada, and thought, why not bring back, revive the first gen xB with some newer updates? The original xB is what started the craze of these funky looking boxes that fast became one of the most customizable, and unique vehicles on the road...

I've started an article with a comments posting section as well as a poll - check it out here: http://www.scionownersclubottawa.ca/news/62-scion-to-discontinue-xb-model

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Bring over the Bb with awd option.

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
exactly^
honestly when has any company ever brought back an old model car? the fact that dot rules and regulations change with every model year means it isn't possible. you want a 1st gen. buy a used one.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
Sadly, none of this will happen...
exactly^
honestly when has any company ever brought back an old model car? the fact that dot rules and regulations change with every model year means it isn't possible. you want a 1st gen. buy a used one.
I agree with both.

·
@HFDane on Instagram
6,304 Posts
I'm sure there are plenty of Japanese Toyota's being looked at or the American market. Maybe from the bB line, maybe from something else. Can't wait to see what Scion's future is.

Follow me on Instagram @HFDane

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Bringing back the 1st Gen xB with "newer updates" would kill the iconic status that the OG 1st Gen is most certainly going to achieve IMHO, i.e. the original VW Bug vs. The "New Beetle", the Mini by the British Motor Corporation vs. the "Mini Cooper" by BMW, etc.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Bringing back the 1st Gen xB with "newer updates" would kill the iconic status that the OG 1st Gen is most certainly going to achieve IMHO, i.e. the original VW Bug vs. The "New Beetle", the Mini by the British Motor Corporation vs. the "Mini Cooper" by BMW, etc.
What he said!

If we're lucky, the closest box car we might get is China's "Great Wall Coolbear". :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I fully agree with this.

But at the same time they could tastefully modify the 1st gen to a more up to date type of look.

With the newer technology they could add some more hp either keep the mpg the same or possibly even increase it. They could could go back to more of the og box style possibly make it like 1 foot longer to add some more cargo area in the back and lower the front seats down a little so the taller owners had more head room.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I fully agree with this.

But at the same time they could tastefully modify the 1st gen to a more up to date type of look.

With the newer technology they could add some more hp either keep the mpg the same or possibly even increase it. They could could go back to more of the og box style possibly make it like 1 foot longer to add some more cargo area in the back and lower the front seats down a little so the taller owners had more head room.
Thus making it another "retro" car aimed at the masses...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Thus making it another "retro" car aimed at the masses...
Isnt that the point of big named car manufacturer is to get a car that would be so popular that everyone would want to own?

If not they wouldnt remain in business.

So I thats why I was trying to say to try to maybe do some sort of poll to see what people like and dont like on each style xb and then also ask them what they would change about each of them then take all of that into consideration and maybe one bad ass xb.

Something nothing like the previous ones but to use the data that was collected from fellow car lovers and then make the ultimate scion xb.

·
**** in a Box
1,484 Posts
I suppose this begs the question of how they'd change the re-released xB to appear distinctively different than the OG xB while still keeping the same boxy xB vibe. The OG xB is already a very simple, sharp design and I don't see many ways you could tweak it without losing its trademark charm.

I have nothing against re-releases of beloved old cars as long as there's a distinction made between OG and the re-release so it's not a copy/paste job that makes the OG lose status.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
I suppose this begs the question of how they'd change the re-released xB to appear distinctively different than the OG xB while still keeping the same boxy xB vibe. The OG xB is already a very simple, sharp design and I don't see many ways you could tweak it without losing its trademark charm.

I have nothing against re-releases of beloved old cars as long as there's a distinction made between OG and the re-release so it's not a copy/paste job that makes the OG lose status.
Totally agree with every aspect of this post.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts