Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it sounds gay but i am getting a new xb tomorrow and they said i need to break it in, so what all is involved in breaking in a new engine?

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should look at the manual when you get it for the details, but during the breaking in period you want to avoid things like overrevving the engine, staying at one speed for long periods of time and breaking hard unless you're going to hit something.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing really..look just drive it the way you would drive it...just don't whip the balls off of it. If you baby the **** out of it to "break it in" it wont be used to the way you drive. got me?:cool:

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
You're supposed to break it in? Damn, I took it to the track the first day I had it. I wanted to see how fast I could rack up the miles an eighth mile at a time...lol

Seriously though, as everybody said above, don't baby it, but don't go hammering on it either.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Well one way is a slim jim or in case you don't have one of those you can punch out one of the windows with a rock or a hammer...uh...um...ooops...sorry I thought is said "breaking INTO my xb. My bad. ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
nightridder said:
I know it sounds gay but i am getting a new xb tomorrow and they said i need to break it in, so what all is involved in breaking in a new engine?
well usually with a current or ex girlfriend..... well you know the rest, just dont leave any stains

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
superfreestyle said:
well usually with a current or ex girlfriend..... well you know the rest, just dont leave any stains
for real , love stains may be an interesting story to share it can hurt with car show judges , lol

·
Registered
135 Posts
so would running the engine at idle for a while be bad at first should you get the engine to temp 1st then drive with a new engine

reason i ask is after i get it home i will want to sit in the driveway and check everything out while idling is this a bad idea

sorry its my 1st new car
:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
lostreception said:
so would running the engine at idle for a while be bad at first should you get the engine to temp 1st then drive with a new engine

reason i ask is after i get it home i will want to sit in the driveway and check everything out while idling is this a bad idea

sorry its my 1st new car
:D
You don't need to let an xB warm up before driving. It's better to just drive easily until the blue temperature light goes out. About the only good reasons for letting the car idle are you're sitting in the car and you're cold, or you're playing the stereo and don't want to kill the battery.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.