Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Um, i hope not. The day after i bought it i drove it from texas to kansas city.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
dtrain619 said:
:D :D :D Nice! So...... how did it perform? I haven't taken any long trips yet.
No long trips over here. Does Tracy and South San Francisco count?? LOL!!:D Though I would like to drive to Vegas since I have never been.:eek:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
The standard response about break-in on a new Scion/Toyota is this:

"There is no extensive break-in proceedure required for this new car. The only advice is to not run it at consistant, high RPMs for extended periods of time until you hit about 500 miles. If you are taking a long trip in that time period, try to vary your RPMs every 30 minutes or so and it will contribute to the long life of the motor. However, if that isn't possible I wouldn't really worry about it. These motors are built very well and are made to withstand an abbreviated break-in without consequences."

There you go! Also, I've taken mine on LOTS of road trips in the last year and a half. Biggest one was Colorado and back this past June. I put on over 2400 miles in a week on that one. It was great fun and the xB performed flawlessly. I highly recommend the Rostra cruise control mod. It saves you on those boring interstates.

-Alex

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I picked up my xB on the way to work, so I kept the car between 55 and 65 mph on the freeway for appx 35 miles. I drove it home,from work, 58 miles, and varied the speed between 60 and 70 mph. The same the following day to and from work, and then on my day's off, for three days, I varied between city and freeway for about 400 miles.

I then changed the oil, and it has been running fine the last 48k miles.

Many roadtrips to SoCal, Monterey, Reno, Redding, San Diego, and other places in the Bay Area.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
squirrel said:
I picked up my xB on the way to work, so I kept the car between 55 and 65 mph on the freeway for appx 35 miles. I drove it home,from work, 58 miles, and varied the speed between 60 and 70 mph. The same the following day to and from work, and then on my day's off, for three days, I varied between city and freeway for about 400 miles.

I then changed the oil, and it has been running fine the last 48k miles.

Many roadtrips to SoCal, Monterey, Reno, Redding, San Diego, and other places in the Bay Area.
Sorry to get off topic, but do you use conventional oil, or synthetic?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
dtrain619 said:
Sorry to get off topic, but do you use conventional oil, or synthetic?
Currently conventional, but switching over next oil change.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Take it to the track. I took it and made eight passes down the track about two weeks after I bought it new. Ran a [email protected] on my fourth pass. (stock) m/t.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.