Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im due to replace the rotors and pads on my car. Ive looked at the EBC rotors, and I like what Ive heard and read about them. Does anyone have any recomendations on any other rotors and pads.

I would also like to know who can I call to order a set? Race pages has a pretty good deal, does anyone else got a hook up?

Thanks.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So Im guessing that no one has changed their pads?:confused:

·
Registered
309 Posts
the hawk pads are really good
i got the ebc rotors, hawk hps brake pads, and goodridge ss brake lines. brakes very well always has me checking my rear view when i brake cuz i'm afraid some idiot in an suv will be tailing me and not be able to stop as quickly.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I always go with OEM you can never go wrong with OEM. I got mine here at South Bay Toyota and they give me a deal so if you want a deal hit me up and I can pick them up for you. I ALWAYS buy my OEM parts from them. I even have about 10 extra oil filters and crush washers in my garage. hahaha.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i remember seeing a few rear disc brake conversion kits available but i also remember it being quite difficult for beginners. ie cutting required.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Honestly, I would just stick with the OEM pads, even if you change your rotors. I'm currently running Rotara discs with N-Brake pads. Don't get me wrong, the rotors are great, and the pads perform well. But they generate as much (or more) dust than the OEM pads.

·
mobbin
1,885 Posts
i just installed akebono pro ceramic pads with the stock rotors. the pedal feels alot better now. i like them alot.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Honestly, I would just stick with the OEM pads, even if you change your rotors. I'm currently running Rotara discs with N-Brake pads. Don't get me wrong, the rotors are great, and the pads perform well. But they generate as much (or more) dust than the OEM pads.

Exactly why I decided to go with OEM pads. I was thinking about swapping out with the P-mu pads but realized that "hey it's just a cruising car, I'm not doing any serious tracking (although the drive up to Bear and down from Bear is oodles of fun). Rear disc is something I was thinking about also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I used to do alot of BMWCCA racing and club events, and have always found the Japanese to underbrake their cars compared to the Germans, probably the speed limits have something to do with it. One of the first things I noticed with the box is that despite the fact it handles great, the brakes fade really quick when pushed. This is not to konck the box, as it does what it was designed to do, but if you drive it harder than the avg. joe some upgrades would be in order. Probably the place to start would be Hawk or EBC pads (BOTH GOOD), stainless lines, some high perf DOT4 fluid, and remove the rotor backing plates on the front.

·
Registered
309 Posts
i have the hawk brake pads, ebc dimpled slotted rotors, castrol synthetic dot 4 brake fluid and goodridge ss brake lines, even though i have the stock shoes in the rears, i cant tell of any fade the brakes feel like they bite harder when i slow down without me pressing the pedal down any further.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.