Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys dunno why but this is my thrid time changing my pads already.... i only had the car for about two years now and need to change the pads again and only 25k miles on the car does any one no any good pads to go with thanks?????????????

·
Registered
458 Posts
Don't mean to be the devil's advocate here but I have 62,000miles on my lunch box and I haven't changed mine yet. I would try to stay off the brakes. Remember if the light is Red before you get there lay off the gas pedal. (or downshift if you have a manual) That is not normal. What kind of pads are you using? I will swap mine out with a set of Toyota OEM pads since the lunch box does not need any special race pads or anything.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i dont slam on the brakes or anything like that im useing oem still.... on my other cars that i use to drive i use oem and they would last me years with no prob but man this box is a killer.....

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have never run 18's so I wouldn't know but seriously I don't think that should make that much of a difference in brake pad wear. I would seriously get it checked out cause that seems a bit much unless your riding the brakes. I do about 50/50 freeway and local driving and like I said I have 62,000miles and still pretty good to go. maybe at 70,000miles I will swap them out.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I know for a fact that wheels don't have much to do with the wear on your pads. I will say, however, that if you have a more open spoke, you may get a bit more debris.

I think you need to get your fluids checked, rotors looked at, and all that stuff. If you're screaming through pads that fast, it's either a mechanical issue, or you're laying on the brakes too hard.

I've had my car 2 years, coming up on 22k and I think I need a change, but I admit to driving a bit more aggressive now and again.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok aleast im not the only one lol but yea this would be my thrid time changeing them tho i think it would be your first ..... does anyone recommend any good brands ????/

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The OEM's should do you just fine. Honestly, unless you're racing your box you won't need much more.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
dont take offence, this isnt directied tward you or anything but also if your severely obese, like 450lbs or something your gonna go through shocks and pads WAY FAST. its takes alot of effort to stop weight like that. my friend has a brother and wife who both weigh about 450 [and they stink] and they have a Malibu. They go through shocks and pads at least 2-3 times a year.

and again it may have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your situation. just my $0.02 -=]

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dont take offence, this isnt directied tward you or anything but also if your severely obese, like 450lbs or something your gonna go through shocks and pads WAY FAST. its takes alot of effort to stop weight like that. my friend has a brother and wife who both weigh about 450 [and they stink] and they have a Malibu. They go through shocks and pads at least 2-3 times a year.

and again it may have ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with your situation. just my $0.02 -=]
lol nah im not even close to 450 im like 1/4 of that lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
i changed out my oem set to hawk hps pads at 19k it looked like it was good for another 5-6k though. i drive in nj and nyc alot agressive braking sometimes is necessary.

·
Registered
458 Posts
i changed out my oem set to hawk hps pads at 19k it looked like it was good for another 5-6k though. i drive in nj and nyc alot agressive braking sometimes is necessary.

THE DIRTY JERZ. I was born in Hackensack. I know it's random but heck it works. I went to high school in Tenafly. Is it normal to really change your pads after only 5,000 miles? I am surprised to see all these posts and people replacing them so so so quick. Like I said I hae 62,000miles and not replaced yet. I had a GTI before and I went 70,000 without changing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
lol i work in hackensack, and i live in fort lee, born in seoul, raised in brooklyn. dirty jerz indeed, never have i seen so many bad drivers in my life and so proud of themselves for being so. my conclusion, everyone is related to a cop in some way and thinks they're steven seagal on wheels.

but yeah anyways i'm pretty sure its not normal to change pads every 5k miles. i drive like a jackass sometimes and work the brakes over pretty good while i'm doing it. i still got a good amount of mileage out my oem brakes though, something is not right if you're changing brakes every 5k.

·
Registered
45 Posts
actually i am on 19k and i have needed to change mine for about 1k, right now i belive i am metal on metal, but dont have time or money to change them right now, and i was wondering if it was odd that they went out so quickly myself? and is that coverd by factory Warranty ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.