Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Want to go with the widebody kit for my '05, Want one that has a more pronounced ''square lip flare " around the fenders similar to the '5 Axis Design', love the 5 Axis, but i beleive that is a one- off kit. Has anyone seen anything similar? This is a great look, what I would like

: Land vehicle Vehicle Car Yellow Automotive design

this silver one is just too rounded, don't like the front, trying to get away from the factory fog light.:

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Bumper

Let me know if you have any info!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i have the links somewhere. i have like a million links for scion stuff. they cost like 1500 just for the kit and then prep and paint are a butt load cause they don't fit too well. talked to a guy who said it cost him 2000 just for paint and install!!!:eek:

·
Registered
485 Posts
the silver one someone on this site has. From what i hear though thru local people (no offense to him because i personally love the kit and envy him for having it) is that the kit does not fit well at all and is poorly made. Theres something about widebody kits that apparently take a metric a$$load of work

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not looking good so far!

Maybe i should just find a kit I like and just do the fender flare thing? Doesn't look like a quality WBK is available that looks as good as the "5 Axis" conversion?
I do wanna go with the wide body style, and some phat tires and wheels!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i still long for some molded flares and 16x10 with -30 offset on my car :(

if i were you, id make my own or find a metal shop thatll fab you one. theres a local here in Nebraska who owns a shop, and did a custom full widebody on his xB. he quoted me 40000 for him to do it again on mine, which is damn near about the price for the molds from 5axis for that kit.

so good luck on whatever you decide. custom is gonna be your best bet, but get ready to pay out the ying yang.

scotty

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey scotty

Your right, unfortunately, I really like the look of the 5Axis design, nothing in production even comes close.
I want the same fender look as the old " Conquest TSI ", that was a car with styling way ahead of its time...Hmmmm..... wonder if there are any in the salvage yards???? Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Mitsubishi Coupé

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.