Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two things...Anyone know if there is a diff between the 2011-12 atlas body kit and the 2011 rado body kit? Both by Duraflex but the Rado won't come up on the duraflex website. Google shows the Rado on a black xB and the Atlas is on a gold xB. They look the same to me (gold one has the front molded on vs the Rado looks bolted on). Second thing, if you have this on your car, please post a pic. I'd love to see it on something other than black or gold. Looking to get this for Violet, like, ASAP and painted black vs matching to my Silver Ignit10n paint. Rado part number is #106363/64/65 , Atlas is #107054 (entire kit) or 107055/56/57. I'm so confused and this was a lot longer of a post than I mean't it to be.

Atlas: http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/searchby_107054.html
Rado: http://www.bodykits.net/body-kits/scion/xb/174033/

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,552 Posts
Those are definitely different kits.

Look at the front bumper, the Atlas is a replacement bumper cover, the Scion logo is gone and smoothed over, while the Rado is just a lip kit.

Also as 68WSTi stated the rear bumper lips are different as well.

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 11:49 AM ----------

Actually looking at the kits on those sites the Rado is a lip kit while the Atlas is replacement front and rear bumper covers with side skirts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dura flex website sells the atlas front as add ons just like the rado. The pic they use (gold), has them molded onto a bumper with no front badge. If you look at pics taken from diff angles, they look the same. I can only find the rado kit on one website and it claims its duraflex. Duraflex has no such part number or kit with that name. Might just need to ca duraflex directly...

---------- Post added 02-03-2014 at 06:52 PM ----------

Call duraflex*. At first I thought they were different until I started shopping around.

·
Acquiring stance.
1,002 Posts
As already mentioned, the gold xB is a bad representation of their product because it's been molded and modified.
What you will receive is just the lip/canards/spats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone on here purchased and mounted the Duraflex kit yet? I talked to them about a year ago but never pulled the trigger. Would love to see photos of the kit non molded.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I bought it from Driven by Style in CA a week and a half ago. Still waiting on my tracking number. Once I get it and have it installed, I'll post pics. I'm not planning on having it molded on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome, can't wait to see photos. Hopefully its a clean kit that doesn't require a lot of additional work to get it mounted. I have been looking for a clean kit that works with the newer xb2's since we have literally 1 option.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If someone could get the MVDesignz kit to a reasonable price that would be the one to buy. Think it around 1500 unpainted. 8/9 would be doable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think I saw a thread that MV posted in and the price has dropped considerably. I believe and don't quote me on this (until I can find the thread) but it was around 750.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The atlas kit took two weeks just to find out it was out of stock. After reading more reviews on extreme dimensions, I asked for a refund. Which took less than 48 hrs. So still on the hunt for a kit.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
ED has possibly some of the worst fitting kits I've ever had the displeasure of working with. Granted, this was back 05-09, but I doubt they've gotten any better.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,552 Posts
Big Jim, you should have seen the one I worked over for a club member. I was just going to shave the reverse light off his FAB kit knock-off from ED but the pits and pin holes that showed up when I started in on it were so bad that I had to re-finish the whole rear bumper of the kit. Once it was on the rear was the best looking part of the kit though. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts