Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls, New to the site, but seems to rock. I have a JDM VIP YAKUZAI full body kit. Any ideas how to mount this bad-boy?? Seems like ya have to ditch the bumpers..no exactly safe. Any info would be greatly appreciated..thanks...

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
that is a full body kit so you be replacing the bumpers for the new ones and the side skirts. it is rebetter to take it to a body shop to hve it fitted and painted. most of the time cheaper body kits have to be prepped and dont always fit correctly.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know that a full kit replaces the bumper cover...but I'm talking about the actul steel bumper under the cover...all your protection during front impact...

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
i opted for a lip kit for mine but i read some where (i believe on scionlife) that the steel crash bar can be moved down so it will still be there when you change the bumper. when i did the bodykit on my crx and the bar was removed the guys in teh body fabbed up a new one and welded it into place so i dont loose that protection just incase.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinkin that would be the case...this place seemed to get me the most knowledge possible. If you guys don't know, noone will....keep em comin..I have a bit of time yet....also got some fenders of e-bay that were nothing shy of completely useless.........AH, so is my life of late...you guys rock...thanks..TT

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Hey thanks man, I should have asked this but where are you located? Maybe you are near someone on here who can help you out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have the same kit, it is pretty good, last year i ran all year with out the inside bumper part, and wreched my xb. th funny thing is that not having them there saved my car. i hit a highway divider going 70 and spun out and hit the front and back. with out the metal part i only taped my the core support, and prob would have totaled it with them on. but this year i am just gonna drill new hole and mount it into the core support with out the spacer part

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey wackblack...ya mount the body kit yourself or local body shop do the work? My uncle is doin the work in his bodyshop and could use some mounting hints, if ya have any...Thanks..TT

·
Registered
173 Posts
the kit should have little indents that you should drill out, my kit was a really food fit. and then on the side you will need to prob drill some holes in the wheel wells and in the middle of the doors. and yes i did all the work, i work at a body shop

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.