Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.. I give up. Put in my 12" MTX Blue Thunder 4 ohm sub.. works fine. Put in a converter at the head unit to run RCA to my amp. It is grounded, power is clean, remote is hooked up. I turn on the radio and the fuse blows in the amp EVERYTIME! Tried it with 2 different amps. Any ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
fuses are cheap....

is the amp wired directly to the battery terminal? if so ,what gauge wire are you using for the amp? what amperage are the fuses rated for that keep blowing?
shouldn't be affected by the converter, but you might check you connections anyway, could have a short!

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The amp is wired direct to battery with a fuse at the battery (100amp). 8 or 10 gauge wire and the amp runs on a 25amp fuse. The remote is off the ignition switch at the radio and the ground is good. (Thanks for your reply!)

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
Try this...

That happened to my amp too... I have 2-12" 1200 watt sony's and a 1800 watt amp.. everytime id turn on the ignition, my fuse will pop....:D ... what did i do?... the fuse that always popped was a 30 amp fuse... all i did was change the fuse to a 40 amp fuse.... Let's just say that 99cent store isnt gonna get my money for fuses anymore......

·
pastormatt
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the speaker!! Chucked it and got another.. works great! thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.