Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like TURBOTIGHE's (piece o' ish) turbo finally did me in and killed the engine. any suggestions on what engine replacement should get swapped in? can i do a tC motor? *help* :( :confused:

·
Registered
201 Posts
im pretty sure there was a thread on this search. the thread said that ppl have done honda swaps i think but people have done the 2001-up 1.8 Celica GTS engine or in my scion xB book this guy does a engine with a 84 or so 4runner and has 400HP with a turbo

also the turbonetics celica has 1000+HP with a toyota truck engine. it might fit. jtlyk.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
only thing's that fit for fwd application are 1zz , 2zz , or 4efte. few other motors would fit but wouldn't be worth the time. any swap is going ot be a pain in the ass and very expensive.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hotbox05 said:
only thing's that fit for fwd application are 1zz , 2zz , or 4efte. few other motors would fit but wouldn't be worth the time. any swap is going ot be a pain in the ass and very expensive.
UGH. so will they drop right in? same mounts etc? or can i go with ANY model year xB motor also? :confused:

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
only the 1nzfe out of echo , xa , xb will drop right in.
the others will require quite a lot of fabrication to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.