Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay heres whats going on with the box

I have a Fugita CAI and some other engine mods, headers, catbak exhasut etc. I turned the key before tonights meet at fullerton and my cars VSC and CEL and TRAC OFF lights came on and the idle was real real rough...this isnt the first incident, it happened whenn i left SEMA/ When i dropped it off to Las Vegas Scion they told me i blew my Air Flow Meter due to my intake. So i got it fixed and the guy told me it should blow again but not for 10,000 more mies. Is the Fugita to blame or could it be sometihng elertical ?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cravin said:
That sounds like a fishy diagnosis on the dealers part. make sure your air filter isnt over oiled. That would be a place to start anyways. Clean the MAF sensor with electrical contact cleaner spray and see if it runs better.
Well whatever they did in vegas it worked ? they swtiched the meters there asnd it worked fine, i got to my system and hooked it up tonight and i got the wierd lights and the 3000 rpm problem agaiun

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
check

if your crankcase/valve vent tube enters the intake before or behind the maf sensor or infront. these w/ kill sensor if oily air goes across sensor should go into intake between maf and throttlebody so oily air is sucked itno intake and does not pass acrsoos sensor accumulating oil on sensor killing it just like over oiling filter will suck oil across sensor and kill lt many intakes are set up to fail the orig toyota/aem did this till they changed to trd design where it enters just before tb not before maf:D
the maf should get nothing but clean air and not the oily crap

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sdsnybny said:
if your crankcase/valve vent tube enters the intake before or behind the maf sensor or infront. these w/ kill sensor if oily air goes across sensor should go into intake between maf and throttlebody so oily air is sucked itno intake and does not pass acrsoos sensor accumulating oil on sensor killing it just like over oiling filter will suck oil across sensor and kill lt many intakes are set up to fail the orig toyota/aem did this till they changed to trd design where it enters just before tb not before maf:D

so does the Fugita have the problem ?

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
look

if it enters right before the throttle body and your sensor is closest to filter cone then ok. if sensor is down wind (so to speak) its breathing that oily crap and becomes fouled good luck let us know have to turn in early shift tommorow

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sdsnybny said:
if it enters right before the throttle body and your sensor is closest to filter cone then ok. if sensor is down wind (so to speak) its breathing that oily crap and becomes fouled good luck let us know have to turn in early shift tommorow

ill def let ya know

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
The MAF is in front of the crankcase vent tube so no oil should be getting to the MAF sensor. This was one of the big differences between Fujita and alot of the others........... I've had no problems with mine.....(knock on wood)

·
Registered
140 Posts
yeah as the others said check if your crankcase breather has a filter if it is downwind because when i got my SRI it came with an auxiliary crankcase filter so that wouldn't happen.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will definatly have to check that when it gets back from the dealership, todays hetic cuz just found out we havfe to put my dog to sleep which freakin sucks ass

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.