Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanna bore and stroke my block for turbo setup... i havent opened up my motor but just wondered how big can i go... im hoping for 1.8... can anyone help me out...

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Well, seeing as it's an already bored and stroked 1.3......I don't think you're gonna get much bigger.

For the money, just swap in that 1.8 motor from those celica thingies I keep hearing about.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, seeing as it's an already bored and stroked 1.3......I don't think you're gonna get much bigger.

For the money, just swap in that 1.8 motor from those celica thingies I keep hearing about.
lol thats what i was thinking but from what im hearing now and days i heard that theres a 1.5 turbo in japan but dunno what car its coming from doing 13's trying to find out

·
Registered
679 Posts
not sure if you know whats involved with stroking out a motor, but you will need custom rods, pistons and a crank as the main components for the kit. Cranks can cost from about 2k and up depending on if you go with a billet or forged crank. Custom rods, well you can guess since good rods (crower, manley, pauter) start from about 700 for a shelf rod and custom will be more. Pistons will cost about the same as the rods. I've never looked at or worked on the xb block so i'm not sure if its an open or closed deck design, but i would assume you would need to sleeve the block in order to be able to safely bore the motor and still be strong enough for boost. That would be roughly 1k in labor and parts. So you have to ask yourself, is it worth it? If you do end up doing it, you're going to have more problems like if the tranny is going to hold up, what about the axles?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Boombox made a good point.

If you really want big power from the 1.5 right now there are two really good sources to talk to. When it comes to an off the shelf, upgradeable turbo kit, talk to Turbo Toyotas/Why Industries. In my opinion Todd offers the best kit available for the 1.5 liter 1NZ-FE.

And if you want to go beyond the basic bolt on and see more substantial power, talk to Race Precision. Eloy in particular. He is currently in the process of rebuilding the 1NZ-FE in his personal xB using high quality aftermarket rods and pistons. They have done a lot of research, and are going to be using and selling what they feel will work best for the 1NZ-FE.

I don't have the pricing off the top of my head, but plan to spend at least $4500 in parts. And it could end up costing you just as much in labor for the tear down, rebuild, turbo installation and tuning.

Good luck in your endeavors. And I would highly recommend taking a look at the forced induction section of SL. If you can get past some of the garbage and trash talk that goes on over there, you can find some very good, useful information.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.