Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i started to take mine off today, only got one window done. Tomorow i will definately be using a hair dryer. I'm loving the look without the tape so far. I'll try and post pictures soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
IBXB said:
What tape are you referring to? I dont see any on my doors.
what color is yours if its black you wont have it but if it is any other color then black then it will be the black vinyl around the door frames

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Ohhh, so you guys are talking about the black on the outside, not like the black on the B-pillar outside door jamb...i guess i'll take mine off too, IMO it looks better...

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS!!!!!! I did this a while back and it messed up a half dollar coin sized area in the clear coat on one of the pillars and i now have to buy some cf pillar appliques.:mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
DUDE!! Mine did the same thing. Ended up with a small, quater sized dull area in the upper right hand corner of the drivers door. it's not to noticable unless you look at it from the right angle but it's there! :mad:

·
Registered
546 Posts
this takes a long time to do, and alot of pain on the fingers....I used I high heat gun and it still didnt melt the glue good, but looks hella awesome when its done.

·
Registered
873 Posts
not sure, my first box took over an hour. but my wife's car did it pretty fast. and i used the hair dryer only cause it's hot but not as hot as the heat gun but it was hot enough to soften the adhesive. maybe like 10 minutes per door.

·
Registered
66 Posts
the door pillars.. where normally people put carbon fiber pillar applique ... that is all black take and underneath the tape is the factory color of your car... peel it off and you got a cool new look ...

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dont know why toyota did this it makes the cars look cheap... I have the BSP and I did my friends silver box. WOW it looks much better, and much more elegant...

·
Registered
178 Posts
yellow_sub said:
EVERYBODY BE CAREFUL WHEN DOING THIS!!!!!! I did this a while back and it messed up a half dollar coin sized area in the clear coat on one of the pillars and i now have to buy some cf pillar appliques.:mad: :mad: :mad:
i did the same thing but it was over the driver window so now im getting the door repainted

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.