Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black lip on lava *PHOTOSHOP PLEASE*

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  grizzly_choppers 
#1 · (Edited)
Black lip on lava Preview Photos

Hey all!

Okay, so I have a lip kit for my car that I like quite a bit (ABS Dynamics X-1 front and rear with X-2 Type 2 sides). I'll be putting it on very shortly, but I'm torn.

It is unpainted at the moment and my body shop will be taking care of that. What I am thinking, however, is that I should paint it black instead of matching it to the Hot Lava. As some of you know, my car runs black stripes and I will be getting those widened and lenghtened as soon as the kit is on. I'm also thinking of losing the billet grille in favor of running black there too.

So, opinions on running a black lip on the orange car with black stripes?

Perhaps someone could help us out with a photochop of the following pics:

I tried to alter the pics, but my photo alteration skills extend no further than MS Paint:eek:

All opinions are welcome.

-Alex

See less See more
#3 ·
The only thing I don't like about black on the bottoms of cars, is that when it starts to get dark and you can't see the bottom, it looks like you have an 8" lift.

#5 ·
Good point guys.

I suppose I should mention that I do run white underbody lights at night and my stripes would go down over the lip (in orange once they hit the black lip).

Now, I realize those stripes may or may not look good at all if I do them like that, but vinyl is easy to remove and cheap too.

Here's my nighttime setup:

#12 ·
I AGREE!! Thanks so much Scott and everybody else that helped out!

I have an idea Griz. Why don't you pain the lip black, then have the stripes in lava. That would look sick IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Something different, and something unique
Yeah, that's what I was rambling about before. I think I'm going to go for it and see what happens.

Well, parts to the body shop on Monday for paint then!

I'll keep everybody posted.

-Alex

#13 ·
This will be interesting. I had someone photoshop that exact setup for my ride with the Kenstyle kit. It looked ok. I would post the pic, but he has taken it off of his photobucket account and I never saved it.

I can't wait to see it, I hope it looks good, b/c I may end up doing similar to mine.

#18 ·
When I get it all mounted up I'll do some decent daytime pics. Right now the sides are not on well and it will photograph badly.

So far I've only had one bad comment about the lip, but she was an old lady and didn't like the xB in general so whatever.

I hope to have some pics after Sunday.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.