·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Tease...we need pics and maybe a little how to as well. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The paint is called Dupli- Color fabric and vinal dye.pull out the pillars ini the back and front.unscrew the seatbelts to get the others off.there are 4 pins on the top of the back headliner.pull those out.take off the visors and the handles above the windows and the rear view mirror. next pill the rubber peices out just a little so the head liner peice will come free.after ur head liner is free pull it out of the hatch.I used 7 cans of this paint with 2 to 3 coats of it. take ur time on the head liner and do a couple of coats and let it dry and repeat.Do this on a sunny hott non windy day.Let everything dry for a few hours and make sure all the angles are complete.Then reverse the process of taking it out to put it back in.Let me know if u need any more details.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea its the flat black one. If u ride with ur windows down for like 3 days then the smell starts to goes away.but u dont get high or anything from it. After like a week u cant smell it anymore. Its a cheap and good mod. its preaty sweat having all black inside.

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Butts - any issues w/ scratches or flaking paint. Did this years ago to my VW Fox Wagon and it turned out Bitchn. Nice Job

·
Registered
26 Posts
has any one use dye to dye the headliner??? i dont really want to use paint, but they sell cloths dye pretty cheap. let me know what any of you know about that! thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ugh.well i bmx so my bike is going in and out of the back frequently and i have a few on the middle pillars but just keep and extra can for this.u can spray it on a cotton swab or a q tip and just dap it and it covers it right up.it looks sooooo clean and i love it.fifty bucks and 4 hours.cant beat it

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
i too painting the pillars.. etc.. i did it using krylon's fusion spray... i still want to do the top suedish part black.. im just not digging the stock gray.. :(

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.