Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people, go to my profile and check my car out so u hav idea what im talking about. I have the VIP type 2 kit in the garage. I have toyed with the idea of getting it painted black and putting it on my silver xb. Keep in mind i have the black CF hood and spoiler and i plan on getting the CF fenders as well as the fender flares (bbist.com). I think thwe black from the CF parts and the 5% tint would set it off. I just think this would look like a tuff-ass setup, plus i have never seen one like it. Just wondering what u all think.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i honestly think it could look very half asst. such as "oh that guy couldnt afford paint on that car after he wrecked it" or whatever. i say rock it TCM and forget CF fenders. just do flares if you do it. (and make sure you get some VERY aggressive wheels to match the flares)

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
might look something like this. This kit is unpainted. A fellow "Underground Evolution" member.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
eeh i disagree, i think that if you painted the kit black and put flares on it would like sick, i think it would only look half asst. if it was flat black or somethin, a jet gloss wouldnt look bad. the only thing that might look a little funny is the side skirts. but i think it would look super :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
alright i did a quick 5 min photochop sinec ppl disagree, and i think its uglier than i pictured. the black and CF are going to clash so bad IMHO. all black cars can pull off A LOT of carbon fiber awesome. all silver cars can do A LOT of CF awesome. black/silver cant do it. its just fugly IMHO.

please dont do it. it just doesnt work. do the kit justice. paint it. ditch CF stuff. get low. do aggressive fitting wheels!

scotty

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Scotty on this one. I dont think it would look quite right. Just my opinion though.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah you guys are prob right, it was just a thought, maybe if the kit was carbon fiber but i do agree that the black wouldnt match well with the CF. That photo shop pick helped lot, granted it was crude, but shows the diff in shades. Thanx all, i will get it painted to match.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...i think just the CF flares and widen out the wheels will look tight. Maybe some black rims with deep chrome lip.

·
Registered
485 Posts
another prob with the black body kit is that at night there will be the appearance that your car is 10 inches off the ground. Since its dark out and you have a TCM, the black body kit will just create an illusion that your toaster is really high off the ground. Dont do it, would be a disaster IMO.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
jones75254 said:
...i think just the CF flares and widen out the wheels will look tight. Maybe some black rims with deep chrome lip.
just to let you know the cf flares form bbist will tkae you months to get. it's gonna be at least 45 days to start production on the fiberglass ones and couldnt even guess when he'd have thr cf ones.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This was am impulse thought, to be clear, IAM NOT DOING THIS, LOL. It just wouldnt work. And re: the CF flares, yeah i talked to bbist the other day and they told me the same things. I have also decided against the flares too, LOL, i change my freakin mind by the minute. This weekend i removed all my decals and the rear wiper to give a cleaner look. Thanks everyone

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Personally, i LOVE CF. Nothing matches the clean shine and look that is has, not to mention its light weight and style, its worth the extra few dollars, just save up a little longer and get the best---Carbon Fiber

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm doing the same to mine but with white trim on a BCP... It's funna be sick.

All 3 grills are being painted white as well... Actually, I'd like to see that photoshopped too.... I've got pics of my ride in the gallery if anybody's handy with photoshop...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.