Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched and searched but could only find info for ones with 1" and 2" drops...trying to find out the best tire size to run on some 17" rims with my tein S-techs, could have the fenders rolled but prefer not to just yet. have some really low profiles and would rather go a bit bigger. info/pics/suggestions? THANKS

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
I'm also curious about that. I'm runnin s-techs as well.

·
Registered
491 Posts
205/40/17 in front and 205/45/17 in rear seem to be ideal for that drop! i have the same set up and the tire in the front used to rub when i had 45 in the front but after i went to the 40 it was nice and qiuet....unless there nitto tires then the 45 doesn't rub cause nitto for some reason runs smaller with the sizes!

·
Registered
325 Posts
searched and searched but could only find info for ones with 1" and 2" drops...trying to find out the best tire size to run on some 17" rims with my tein S-techs, could have the fenders rolled but prefer not to just yet. have some really low profiles and would rather go a bit bigger. info/pics/suggestions? THANKS
It all depends on the width of the wheel and the wheels offset. 215/45/17 will fit many applications with no rubbing on a 7 inch rim(offsets from 42MM to around maybe 30MM or pehaps even less offset). With a 7.5 inch wide rim offsets between 42mm and about 35MM should be fine with this slightly oversized tire. Using a 40 series tire will make clearances slightly better but will ride harsher. Some combo of wheel spacers (or not) and these offsets will make a happy look:) 42MM offsets sit close to the inside and on a 7 inch rim I think would need spacers to look right, on a 7.5 inch rim a 42MM offset sits hella close to the rear axle beam and IMO should have a 5MM spacer (or more) for more clearance, more than 5MM on a 7.5 inch 42MM offset gets pretty close to the rear 1/4 panels but 10MM spacers might be fine unless you are bagged and going to the ground (like me). On the front I have not played with spacers as any spacers at all would interfere with the fender when I am on the ground (7.5 wide 42MM offset wheels). If I was at a more nominal 2" drop I could likely space the front out a bit as well.

Rear with 18x7.5 42MM offset 215/40/18 tires 5MM spacer:

Front with 18x7.5 42MM offset 215/40/18 tires no spacers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts