Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Not much you can do about that. The Box is pretty light and will move around in the wind, try passing a big rig on the 15 during a windy day! Whooo Hoooo!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Any small light car, particularly a tall small light car, is likely to get buffeted by wind and turbulance. Ever drive a VW beetle (old one) ?? Those cars could get lane swapped by a good blast of wind, by comparison the xB is very stable:)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Any small light car, particularly a tall small light car, is likely to get buffeted by wind and turbulance. Ever drive a VW beetle (old one) ?? Those cars could get lane swapped by a good blast of wind, by comparison the xB is very stable:)
Used to go up skiing to Big Bear with a '79 VW Bus, talk about unplanned lane changes. :eek:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
when you get in that your drag force on the front of you car goes way down and for us that means really good gas mileage. I do not however advocate driving that close to a truck at those speeds.

·
Project Cop Box
540 Posts
yeah, mine wiggles around near big trucks...but i just give it a little more gas and go around them ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
We tend to notice it more in our B's because we are conscience of its shape. I get the same effects if not worse in my Matrix and my 4-Runner, in fact sometimes they are worse than the B.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Used to go up skiing to Big Bear with a '79 VW Bus, talk about unplanned lane changes. :eek:
LOL I thought about the VW bus also. It was even more prone than the Bug for unplanned lane changes:) I did not mention it here as its sail area is even larger than that of the xB, but yeah you really had to stay on top of the bus in wind and around trucks!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I don't get on the highway too much, and when I do I'm in the fast lane. So I don't feel it often.

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
reminds me of all the ******* stickers that say "im not tailgating, im drafting"

^^^Now thats funny but oh so true.^^^

·
Registered
353 Posts
I tend to stay as far away as possible from big trucks. They are always kicking pebbles. I still have nicks from that on the hood and 2 small chips in the windshield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.