Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if any company offers any brake upgrade beside just slotted rotors / something like 4 piston calipers setups .

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
anyone in cali knows a very reputable brake shop? i need my box and civic worked on...

·
Registered
916 Posts
Wait a little bit longer. A new brake company is making products for the xB. They are brand new and supposebly this brake set up will work with 15inch wheels and bigger. It has a 6 piston OEM size caliper like you see in spoon brake s. They should be out soon.

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
cool, keep us posted... what company is it?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ok the company is called JBT. there website is JBTmotorsprots.com
ScionSportTuning.com will be dealers of them and yes the BBK will work with 15in. wheels. It has a drilled and slotted OEM size rotor with a OEM sized caliper but with 4-6 pistons in it (i forget how many pistons it has). I think they may also offer a BBK with oversized rotors and calipers for people that have 17s or higher.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I saw the JBT Kit at the Knott's event - very clean, nice setup - crazy, mini 6 piston. Wish they had a kit "off of the car" to check out, but from what I saw it was badass. Cool diecut stickers above the wheel well too.

·
Registered
916 Posts
tuningagency said:
I saw the JBT Kit at the Knott's event - very clean, nice setup - crazy, mini 6 piston. Wish they had a kit "off of the car" to check out, but from what I saw it was badass. Cool diecut stickers above the wheel well too.
Yeah they were on several Scion out there. The widebody red xB thats on TV has them as well as the red xB that was next to the Turn 3 booth. Also they are on the BRS pink RX-7 as well as other SEMA toyota cars. Very cool brakes and should be out soon!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I was searching around and MSRP on the NSXs was like 2400. I mean, yea, its for an NSX, so its gonna be high, but still damn pricey. Personally, I want Endless, but I cant justify 2500 on brakes. The stockers will have to do just fine. Hell, I might step up to Mu pads possibly though.

scotty

·
Registered
67 Posts
ScionScotty said:
I was searching around and MSRP on the NSXs was like 2400. I mean, yea, its for an NSX, so its gonna be high, but still damn pricey. Personally, I want Endless, but I cant justify 2500 on brakes. The stockers will have to do just fine. Hell, I might step up to Mu pads possibly though.

scotty
the PMU's are definitely pricey but so is any brake product in Japan because most of it is imported anyway. they are SUPER nice in person though. forged monoblock calipers are just so yummy. ;) there's only a handful of ACTUAL companies that produce brake products, the rest are usually rebadged.

a good set of pads and brake fluid will do wonders. no need for the rotors and lines.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
anybody have the contact info for JBT brakes ?

·
Registered
67 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.