Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Danny
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just cruising around on the interwebs and realized that when I upgraded my system, I didn't do the big 3 upgrade. I am running 2 10" subs of a little 350 Watt kenwood amp and my doors are from an Alpine PDX F4 400 Watts. Don't laugh at my subs (but suggestions are welcome). I have gone this whole time without the big 3 upgrade. Would you guys recommend I do it? And if so, tips/tricks?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Not unless you plan on going A LOT bigger. my truck had a total of 1200 watts and I only needed a high output alternator. I plan on adding another 2000 watts, so I'll have to do the big 3 then

·
Danny
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. I would like to hear what your putting in your truck, just out of curiosity. How do you fit 3100 watts in a truck with speakers that can handle it? And (feel free not to answer if you don't want to) how much is it going to cost you?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Currently, (I mean what I had before I took out the subs and amps so I could add more) it has the Alpine INA-W900 7" monitor/dvd/cd player. 4 pair of 6.5" componants. 2 12" subs. all powered by 2 5 channel amplifiers. amps and all speakers are Polk Audio.

My upgrade that I'm working on:
another subwoofer and I'm looking for a 2000 watt amp for the subs that's 1 ohm stable. Not sure what brand that will be. I'm trying to figure out how to wire the bubs properly to get the most out of them. 3 subs at 4 ohms each is tricky to wire. I'll most like likely be doing a combination of parallel/series.
I also have a 22" monitor that will be part of the speaker box along with an Xbox 360. I'll continue using the 5 channel amps for the componants.

---------- Post added 07-18-2012 at 12:00 AM ----------

All this is in a Ford Excursion.

·
Registered
182 Posts
you will be fine without big 3, I have been running 1500 watts on 2 18's in my xb just to break in subs with 0 problems. Now I have switched out to a 2200 watt amp and its still fine, only thing I am doing is upgrading batteries to xs power for now. My last truck I ran 4 18's and 7000 watts with no big 3, stock alt and 3 huge batts for almost 2 years with no problems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts