Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Rock Auto in Wisconsin came up with a new, improved (compared to the factory one that only lasted for 26 years and 185,000 miles) exhaust manifold for my Corolla Liftback (pictured below). It only cost me £80 including the shipping and arrived within eight work days, breakers locally only had one available in the whole country and even widening the search down into England yielded none more, the cost of some iffy, rusty one with useless studs and probably cracked like the original would have been £107!

Big respect is due to Rock Auto and their customer service people are always so knowledgeable, friendly and helpful, when I've had to phone in to ask something about an item I'm buying from them. They're thousands of miles away yet it feels like they're just round the corner!

Assuming (reasonably, I think) that the quality of that ATP manifold is typical of the quality of Rock Auto's parts generally, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them time & again.

Thanks for the heads up on these pads, which are also suitable for the bB, so I've ordered two sets for stock at below the cost of just one set from my local Toyota dealer!
:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just over one week. Stops on a dime, little to no dust, no noise and no fade. I may just buy a couple more sets!:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Maybe you need to be logged in at Rockauto for the part number to show a link to the parts' apps list? Worked for me, just click the bold blue part number to the left of the thumbnail image of the pads, a list of the apps for these pads will come up, but only because I was logged in at the time, same there perhaps?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I used the ceramic pads and new rotors from Auto Zone. Didn't know about these at the time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
nice. definitely buying these next. I always felt the oem pads braked poorly. I have used brakebest pads before, I believe they are the oreillys housebrand and from my experience they brake just as good as any of the other housebrand from the major vendors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts