Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was wondering if y'all had any pictures of some prize winning xB's. I want to win shows and I want to know what I'm up against.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Talk about a old pic of my car.... LOL I'm flattered to be on this post!!!
The other cars on here def deserve the recognition!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Dajap said:
Talk about a old pic of my car.... LOL I'm flattered to be on this post!!!
The other cars on here def deserve the recognition!
Yeah, I've had that one for awhile. What can I say, you're one of my heros! :D

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummmm....best xB....I want to win ames. lol. So i have three months to mod out Toaster...and get a job (i think i have that backwards)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
In KC you gotta beat Brooks. Pure and simple:

Here he is winning Best xB at S3:

Here he is winning Best xB at KC3.0 (he also won in Des Moines, Ames, and other shows in KC):

Here he is at USACi:

...at HIN KC:

...at First Friday KC in July...

...and at Red Rocks last June...

Now, Brooks doesn't have a big old body kit or super rare rims, but his vehicle is always CLEAN AS HELL! It's done tastefully and has mods all over the damn place. Set your sites on him and do your best, but take note that he hasn't been sleeping this winter. He's been SAVING, and he just spent his wad. It's going to be hard as hell to beat him in the Midwest this summer.

ALSO you're going to need to beat Greg this summer. He usually doesn't hit a whole bunch of shows which is why other people actually win sometimes, but he also hasn't slept over the winter and has added TONS to his xB including FOOSE 20" RIMS!

Check it out:

Last summer at KC3.0:

at the Cedar Rapids Calendar Search Show:

...and now, just a couple of weeks ago with the new rims in Boone at the Scion Snow Day:

Notice the afore-mentioned rims, bBist CF hood and spoiler, and TRD Japan Fuel Door? What you don't notice is the new interior and the new sub box that I agreed to keep a lid on until World Of Wheels in a couple of weeks. Greg will be simply FIERCE in the KC region this year.

Then, of course, you need to contend with ME! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Okay, so this post is probably like 40 megs now, but you asked. STILL, don't let this scare you off from the shows this summer. Hell, I FULLY expect a distinct beat down from our visitors to Ames here in May. The point is to compete and learn. A car that has fewer mods but is surgically clean CAN WIN out here. Especially in my shows. It's a friendly group here in the Midwest and we help each other at shows. Hell, at S3 in Springfield I was helping Brooks to chamois off his car before they judged it (rain was a ***** there). Too bad I finished 2nd! Come out and we'll show you the ropes. Then we'll help you set your sites on the winners and you can take home some trophies of your own!

BOOK OVER!

-Alex

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
That is the WRONG way to approach it. Dont build a car for the judges. Build a car for yourself, and if you win somethin, cool beans.

I have probably more invested than anyone in the Midwest, but the liklihood of me ever winning a show is nill. Wanna know why? I dont have show favorite mods and I have a lot of small ones that are unnoticed. You cant be bitter and pissed at that, you gotta build a car for YOU!

The cars that win at car shows are never the types I like, but that doesnt mean theyre not absolutely kick ass. I have a lot of crazy imported Mods that dont get as much credit as some of the "Blingier" mods.

Then it also depends HEAVILY on location. A car show here that wins ya, wont give ya a second look in Cali. A mediocre car from the coast, may be an absolute jaw dropper here!

Being in the midwest, you have a better shot than most at winning trophies (Oklahoma and Scikotics aside). Do the car for you most importantly. I dont have a problem not winning shows and it cant bother ya, because someone or some shop will ALWAYS have more than you.

My advice if you want to win shows (in the Midwest): Lots of screens, big chrome rims, pretty low, good stereo, and a little hope!

Just my .02

Scotty

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
ScionScotty said:
That is the WRONG way to approach it. Dont build a car for the judges. Build a car for yourself, and if you win somethin, cool beans.
Scotty
Word! I get a lot of slack for having chrome wheels. But I didn't buy my rims for everyone else. Not other xB owners, other scion lovers, or judges. I am building it for me. I have only put my box in one show and of course I didn't win, but I still had myself out there having a good time ;)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Too have the best xB? Hmm, that's a hard one.

Take my situation, and thrown in Evildave. I can go to a show, and place above Dave, and go to another show and Dave would place above me. Dave has beaucoup crazy lighting, and I have stealth ICE. I have a lip kit, and Dave has graphics.

I don't go to shows to win trophies. They take up space and you always have to dust them when you need to show them off.

IMHO, to have THE show winning xB, it has to be immaculate like Dave Moulton's where you can eat off of the suspension. It has to "flow" and be unique enough to be remembered above all others. It prolly won't ever be driven as a daily driver, and you'll prolly spend a minimum of $50k to mod it, not including the price of the car.

This xB(mine) won Best of Show at Scion Night II:

But lost out at JDM Theory to this one, Evildave's, who had placed 3rd at Scion Night II:

It all depends on what the judges personally like. Some like chrome, some like JDM, some like lighting, some like air, some like coilovers, some like ViP........................bottom line, mod your xB to your own taste and the the way YOU want it to look.

Trophies and the recognition that comes w/ it has ruined many friendships because of the "jealousy" and wanting to be sponsored issues.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I got Best Xb at Import Face-off Houston.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ScionScotty said:

Just my .02

Scotty

That's IT Scott, you, me, PITFIGHT!! Ames 3.0 baby!

Just kidding brother.

He's right Major (BTW sis, I've started calling you Major Carter to everyone now since I like SG1 better), build the car that you like and then show it off to the people. If you don't like what you build then you won't be able to sustain the passion it takes to hit all the shows and have fun with all these new friends.

Now, I mention Brooks and Greg in this area because not only do they have kickass rides, but THEY enjoy watching the jaws drop when people see what they have to offer. Their style is certainly in their rides, but they CONTINUE to do stuff simply because they love to impress.

Still, I think Scott and I need to pitfight...:eek:

·
Registered
198 Posts
yes you two do need to pit fight haha, thanks for the nice comments, granted i built my car to show but i only put things on my car that i like and that are my style. I agree with everyone on here build your car for you cause theres always going to be people that like your style and some that dont. and brooks i dont know if your even on this but i cant wait to see your ride if your doing what i think you are. it should be an intersting year, last year was my first year ever showing so i plan on making alot more shows and heading down to KC to bring some of those trophies back to iowa and scinergyia hahaha (all in fun of course)

·
Registered
199 Posts
This is an interesting topic...as everyone else has said, make sure you build the car YOU like, I go to the local shows and I compete, Have I ever won anything, no, I know the reason is because my car is mostly stock, not even close to some of the other cars around, so why do I bother to show you may ask, well two reasons, I'm proud of my car, and I want to show it off, and #2 is because I'm proud of our club and if by me showing that gets us another car closer to best club participation then so be it...

Remember its your car and YOU have to like it most of all, can't wait to see you in Ames...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Alex knows I have nothing but love! :) My first show was actually a local one when I had graphics and rims only, and it didnt do too well. Big chrome bling stuff won over me. At that point I knew I wasnt going to be a show winner. Im just hoping to be show respectable! Thats still my goal right now.

The most democratic ones Ive went to were the all Scion ones, because theres more friendship there and its WAY more fun. The bigger shows that arent all Scions get to me. Thats why Im looking forward to May. Ames 3.0 is gonna kick ass!

Most importantly, just do what you like. thats the moral of my ramblings!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Cleanliness has alot to do with winning shows, I was up against the Black Elagance xb of Houston .

He is HMIC of Scikotics Houston, He has bags, Looked to be a 32" widescreen, Two 12" Kickers, Headrest monitors, 13" molded into the dash, Screens in the small windows in the rear doors, I think some flip-downs, 18" Chrome ICE wheels.

But his dash was falling apart, it was poorly fiber glass'd, the a/c was not mounted it was practicly sitting in the cupholders. I don't think any of the vents were there. His Engine Bay was terrible all he could do was hose it down with Tire Wet and put A spare bag which was pancaked to hold the hood open, just hoping the judge would bypass the whole engine bay. The whole car just looked old, and Very un-detailed. It needed alot of details taken care of.

My car at the time only had a fresh wash job from the day before. My tail light conversion, a clean engine bay with a few polished pieces, painted interior pieces, one 3" tft JVC in-dash DVD, Springs, A sub hidden under the seat, ebay grill and head lights.

The first thing the judge said to me when he was going over my car was "Looks like your the only one that washed yours, the others just wiped theres off"

At the end of the show when trophys were handed out, After I hung out with Scikotics all day. One of them got best TC and they were all happy and cheery, But when I got best Xb, they were speechless. No congrats, nothing. I think "2toned camoxb" was the only one to give me a head nod. Then after reading on a few other sites, it seems Elegance got robbed. Still, nothing positive towards my win. Except one guy said to another "you and I know there are better than Elegance"

Well, All the bags and screens and trophy's didn't seem to help him against a clean very mild PW xB.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
hotbox05 said:
padanky i'm very happy you beat out elegancexb.
^^^^^ thanks ^^^^^

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.