Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some of things should be done to an xb to gain true hp?.. i am tryin to find out who and what mods he or she has done which has gain a lot of powr?..whats the max u can get out of ur cars with what kind of mods

·
Real Friends > Car Clubs
1,932 Posts
Try starting with I/H/E and light weight pulley. This is the combo alot of people start with. :)

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Perrin Pulley free'd up the most HP for me, I also Have Megan Header, TRD Axle Back, Weapon R intake (had). With pulley I actually felt the change, other mods did little to nothing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks.. i wanted to see how much hp.. could one get out of our xb's when installing I/H/E?.. as well as whats the most one could get out wit a turbo?.. tryin to find stats one whats the best way to gain hp...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
4k+ you could go all motor, internals, etc. 140ish Hp
2.5k+ you could Turbo or Supercharge. 140ish Hp

Depends on how much money, 140 is pretty much avg.

There are a few posts with more details, I'm going off memory. I could be wrong. Your in the right forum, just look around. Your info has been posted before.

·
Registered
214 Posts
All motor for me.
So far spent around $5,100 on the motor alone, automatic, 128whp. I plan to break in the 160's by december.

I'm the only all motor xb that i know with that much power. Cheap power, f/i.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Strap it to the underbelly of an F-22. The 0-60 times are a little weak, but once past that, it's paint peelin' fast...

·
Registered
126 Posts
...you can also drop around 150 pounds of weight as well as lighter wheels, smaller, narrow tires for less rotational mass. i had 25 pound 17's with low prof tires, switched back to OEM tires with lightweight 15's (13 pounds each) and the diff was crazy, much quicker.

·
Registered
520 Posts
i have heard 175 180 whp with 10.5 lbs. of boost....now thats what i heard not saying its true....may try and research that.....a free thing you can do to help response on the throttle and you can tell big time diff....is tighten up the slack in the throttle cable so you get 100% openin instead of the factory setting of 75%...there is usually about a half an inch of slack...

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
:eek: good luck keepin the bottom ends of the engine together sling a rod threw the block with 10psi boost unless u spend some major moolaa on engine parts . :) keep in mind these boxes were built for good gas mileage . air to fuel ratio kinda low for big horse power :( be cool if ya could fit a Tundra V-8 in these boxes:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
madmaxb said:
:eek: good luck keepin the bottom ends of the engine together sling a rod threw the block with 10psi boost unless u spend some major moolaa on engine parts . :) keep in mind these boxes were built for good gas mileage . air to fuel ratio kinda low for big horse power :( be cool if ya could fit a Tundra V-8 in these boxes:D
Point one: Roughly half of cars that are under 12 seconds in the 1/4 were originally "meant" for good economy.
Point two: V-8 is way too heavy for a light car, all that weight would make the xb a trailor queen and a straight line car, no cornering. All the torque is not needed for a light car and would need a TON of frame strengthening mods. That swap and everything needed would be way more money than replacing internal/bottom end parts for 10+psi daily.
Point three: Thats what tuning is for. AFR can be re mapped and changed.
Point four: In light cars, especially with weight reduction, you don't need 300whp+ to be fast. 200whp-220whp would put the xb easily in the 12's. Not low 12's, but in the 12 club.
Point five: There have been one or two people, i believe on these forums who have ran or continues to run close to or above 10psi daily without any bottom end issues. Obviously its not completely safe, but nothing is perfect.

All in all, the only thing i haven't picked apart was "good luck". lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
azztinthebox said:
i have heard 175 180 whp with 10.5 lbs. of boost....now thats what i heard not saying its true....may try and research that.....a free thing you can do to help response on the throttle and you can tell big time diff....is tighten up the slack in the throttle cable so you get 100% openin instead of the factory setting of 75%...there is usually about a half an inch of slack...
10psi on stock compression would put the 1nz around 150whp, at least from what i've seen. 180whp is pushing it. And i've got a shorter throttle cable and it does help indeed.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
azztinthebox said:
.....a free thing you can do to help response on the throttle and you can tell big time diff....is tighten up the slack in the throttle cable so you get 100% openin instead of the factory setting of 75%...there is usually about a half an inch of slack...
So true! The response is much quicker!! :cool:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.