Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best paint to use on the interior panels?

Also the best paint to use on visors. I read somewhere that there was a good paint to use on visors but I can't find it now.

Help? Please?.......lol.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
most people are probably gonna say kyrlon fusion for the plastic. as for the visors i remember seeing that somehwere too i'll try to find it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
SEM, can be found at almost any body shop supply store, not like advanced or pep boys though ;)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
suspended said:
SEM, can be found at almost any body shop supply store, not like advanced or pep boys though ;)

Now, is that a spray paint?

·
Registered
839 Posts
It comes in a can format and has a couple different paint colors. This is what i used before and its pretty high quality compared to the kragen stuff.

You can buy them from a local paint store that specializes in just paint.

You will also probally need some sorta plastic prep/cleaner to make sure the item your painting is clean and help it stick better.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i used dupli-color silver metallic which is an almost perfect match to the stock silver and it worked awsome still have alot more painting to do though

·
Registered
178 Posts
i used a light layer of primer few layers of paint then a couple layers of clear

·
Registered
839 Posts
FrankenScion said:
Do you need to primer them first or just clean them real good?
Umm they have this but i dunno how well it works... i would talk to the paint shop just to be sure

Vinyl Prep Kit Plastic Prep And Sand Free

This Kit of Plastic Prep and Sand Free allows you to easily prep plastic interior parts where sanding is either difficult or not desired. Plastic Prep is used first to help clean the surface. The Sand Free slightly softens the plastic to assure adhesion of the vinyl dye.

Also i think it depends on the color... as well... u might need some primer..

·
Registered
126 Posts
FrankenScion said:
What is the best paint to use on the interior panels?

Also the best paint to use on visors. I read somewhere that there was a good paint to use on visors but I can't find it now.

Help? Please?.......lol.
SEM make a flexable primer for the visors and such the whole interior of the phoenix is done with it and then a fat layer of 1966 porcshe polo red

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yeah i would go with some sorta cleaner first to make sure there is no oil residue. Than go with a layer of primer..they make a special one just for interior i think that doesnt require any sanding.. after that a layer of the black interior paint. They have two types of black paint.. one is flat black if i remember correctly. Good luck just double check with the paint guys they are usually pretty helpful and are experts when it comes to that stuff.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
thanks i've been wanting this info cause now that i got my curtains in (which are black) the pillars still being grey looks kinda funny.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, next question.

Should I clearcoat everything? I have a can of spray paint clear coat and I'm done with the painting. But, now I'm afriad that they will scratch.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts