Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking into some Neon for the box and am not too sure where to look. I want a kit thats bright with a good quality of color. I was looking for diffrent sizes and what not. I wanted to place 2 down the sides, one in the front one in the back, some in the headliner and some in the engine bay...any idea where i should look and what sizes i should check out

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I'll beat my dead horse here...

Mine is a HotGlow Neon 6 piece underbody kit. Exactly the configuration you mention.

Size? Um, I guess each one is about 3 feet long or so.

Engine bay is two cold cathodes from Bill at Scion Specialties Vegas. His site is here: http://www.scionspecialties.net/. I know you can buy the stuff to do this cheaper, but it was so damn CONVENIENT to get Bill's kit.

As for interior, I'm looking to do the headliner/OS handles too eventually. I'm not sure what I'll be doing exactly though... Mark from the club has a plan about that though. He posts here at Point_Oh.

Good Luck!

-Alex

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
LED's brightness is directly related to how many you use. They CAN be brighter, but you need a whole lot of them.

I haven't seen anybody running white LED so I can't really give you an apples to apples comparison, but here's mine with neon (one of the pictures above) and Greg's with LED on the same night:

-Alex

·
Registered
198 Posts
dont go with neons, thats my pw xb with the star and im running varad leds the one that has a bunch of different colors, the kits that are single colors are a little brighter and that picture there doesnt do my kit justice cause it was on a fade in fade out mode plus red isnt always the brightest. i know quite a few people that have hade neon tubes and nothing but trouble because there fragile. The varad kits are extremely thin and mount easily. i beleive there website is www.varad.com as for inside, neons, leds or cold cathodes are all good, cold cathodes seem to be good and cheap.

·
Registered
198 Posts
also there is still not a good true red cold cathode kit if you want red go with leds, the other ones give off an orange or pink color

·
Registered
8,923 Posts

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah I would recommend LEDs as well. I'm running a SoundQuest setup. I think I have like 10 total colors, and 12 different modes for them to light up to. Including a music dance option and remote control. A little over double the cost of some neons, but a million times cooler :D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.