Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
the only thing with the 06 is that it wont be carb legal because the factory intake has a carbon filter...other than that it works fine =) but who cares u have 5 yrs before smog anyhow =)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
sounds good for me. maybe it will soon be carb legal? :)

quadoptix said:
the only thing with the 06 is that it wont be carb legal because the factory intake has a carbon filter...other than that it works fine =) but who cares u have 5 yrs before smog anyhow =)

·
Registered
21 Posts
toyotaxb said:
That search button works last time I checked.
There must be a countless number of topics on intakes.
Maybe he wanted to be interactive. Ever think about that, dick?

Also, opinions change over time. Next time think before you write, jack.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 · (Edited)
hayalex6 said:
yes. nothing has changed since the xB came out.

looks like they've modified the instructions in the fujita manual for the 06 model year. hmm...just my luck.

the instructions look harder then everything that i am looking at to install it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
PCH said:
It is the most effecient setup since there are no bends and resistance to the air flow is minimal. And because of the much shorter path that air has to travel inside heated runner (just touch it after you have driven the car) its temperature stays closer to the temp of the outside air when it enters the manifold.
This is not always true. Not trying to get technical because power gains on a CAI are minimal, but a short ram is not always better than a "fenderwell" design. Yes there are more bends and length to a fenderwell kit but the air that is entering the filter is a lot cooler than that of a short ram kit.

I actually tested this on my previous mustang usinig an AIT sensor mounted right before the throttle body and the air was cooler when using the fenderwell design. I also picked up 10 more rwhp with the fenderwell design.

I don't even know if they make one for the Xb that sits outside the engine bay but if they did, my bet would be it would make more power.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
just installed my fujita sri. and i gotta say it's great! but i have one question. during the installation part of the bracket. i dont think i am using the right screw to get it in there? do you kinda have to force you way in with it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
so i'm looking at that perrin intake and i like it, but oddly enough, not many people are mentioning it? is it just not that great in performance or what?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
quadoptix said:
5 YRS ???? HOW WHY WHAT .... IF SO COOL
I RUN THE PERRIN & DIG IT NO PROBS

·
Registered
869 Posts
why cai it, when you can ram it!...lol.....i dont care what anyone says...the ram style is way better than a cai set up.....when you have all of those bends on it the air losses the velocety every corner it goes around....with a short ram style i have, there are virually no bends on the tubing and the air filter sits just below the drivers side headlight....away from all the engine heat.... short ram intake all the way!;)

·
Registered
368 Posts
polarproject said:
why cai it, when you can ram it!...lol.....i dont care what anyone says...the ram style is way better than a cai set up.....when you have all of those bends on it the air losses the velocety every corner it goes around....with a short ram style i have, there are virually no bends on the tubing and the air filter sits just below the drivers side headlight....away from all the engine heat.... short ram intake all the way!;)
have you ever seen the K&N Typhoon my box wears?
CAI, one 90 degree bend, pulls cold air from fender well behind fog light.
So as I see it, the Typhoon is better. A true RAM Air system actually funnels air ( read forces) air into the intake, so all those ram air your talking about are just very short straight tubes. unless you actually modded one with a scoop to force the air in. look at the old ( yeah to most of you it's old) 1969 GTO ram air syatem, or the Road Runner Ram Air, now there are real Ram Air systems.

·
Registered
309 Posts
ayS said:
just installed my fujita sri. and i gotta say it's great! but i have one question. during the installation part of the bracket. i dont think i am using the right screw to get it in there? do you kinda have to force you way in with it?
yes i had this same problem
i guess they made a mistake cuz the bolt does not fit in the bracket in mine either.

just file down the hole in the bracket so the bolt will fit
i guess either that or zipties, still havent gotten around to filing mine

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
fujita told me to use zipties. after i had emailed them about the problem.

Spiderbox said:
yes i had this same problem
i guess they made a mistake cuz the bolt does not fit in the bracket in mine either.

just file down the hole in the bracket so the bolt will fit
i guess either that or zipties, still havent gotten around to filing mine

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
no they did not. they literally just said "use a ziptie". no sorry for the inconvenience or anything.
Spiderbox said:
did they at least acknowledge their mistake?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, it would be nice if they were to send you a redesigned one for the one you have, just so everything is in great shape.

By the By, I too have the ScionFX FX1 CAI and it's an excellent intake, definitely makes a great power gain.

41 - 60 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.