Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Yes the AEM is carb legal as well as the TRD one. I suggest F5Fujita for there intakes. The craftman ship is aweome and the performance gains are noticable compared to the AEM. Plus the F5 looks really cool!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cravin said:
F5 Fujita it makes good power and I like the way my engine sighs when I shut it off. Ahhhhhhh...
will i run into any problems when time comes for smog being that i think it's not "CARB" certified? or is it?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Cravin said:
Dont toss your stock intake i plan on reinstalling it before the smogman sees it. but really a short ram is easy to take in and out 30 minutes tops. CAI would be more difficult but not by that much really.
i will keep this in mind. and will probably get a ram air vs. the cai.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I GOT THE AEM SYSTEM AND THAT WATER TRAP THING DIDNT SAVE MY M.A.S. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT WAS NOT CHEEP. THEY SAY ITS A COLD AIR INTAKE BUT THE DAMN THING RUNS AROUND THE HOLE MOTOR SO I DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THAT PART IS EATHER.I WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN .
:cool:PS I LIKE THE SIMPLISITY OF THE BLITS.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
choppedxb said:
I GOT THE AEM SYSTEM AND THAT WATER TRAP THING DIDNT SAVE MY M.A.S. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THAT WAS NOT CHEEP. THEY SAY ITS A COLD AIR INTAKE BUT THE DAMN THING RUNS AROUND THE HOLE MOTOR SO I DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THAT PART IS EATHER.I WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN .
:cool:PS I LIKE THE SIMPLISITY OF THE BLITS.
i believe thats why toyota ditched the aem, and switched to k&n.
i maybe wrong, so correct me if it aint tru.

btw choppedxb, how much did they take ya for the MAS?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Toyota didn't ditch AEM and switch to K & N. AEM still makes the factory intake but puts a TRD sticker. AEM also makes Fram intakes if you din't know. When ever I go to AEM, i always see toyota boxes and Fram intake boxes over there with guys putting the intakes in them.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
ThunderGod said:
INJEN is CARB legal too.
i thought that the F5 was still pending? is that tru??
i'm not sure. still leaning towards the fujita. looks like great quality. dont know if i want the CAI or the RAM. which one is best? or does it even make a difference? someone noted above that it's defintely easier to install the RAM intake then the CAI. :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
The RAM is easier to install. The CAI (which I have) requires more work. Six and one half dozen to the other.

Ain't I a lot of help? :D

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
MattyRattyPoo said:
Toyota didn't ditch AEM and switch to K & N. AEM still makes the factory intake but puts a TRD sticker. AEM also makes Fram intakes if you din't know. When ever I go to AEM, i always see toyota boxes and Fram intake boxes over there with guys putting the intakes in them.
thanks matty fo the heads up. :)

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
IMO, I think the F5 Fujita is a good intake. I also had the AEM L-pipe intake, but didn't like the low end gains I got. I also ran the Perrin, and like someone stated above, it's best ran with an open grill.Sounds meaner than all get up too. I also swapped out the poopy foam filter with a K&N filter. Oh yeah, FYI on the Perrin. If you run the open grill, remember what happens when water gets on your filter. Just food for thought :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
surfcitylocal said:
The RAM is easier to install. The CAI (which I have) requires more work. Six and one half dozen to the other.

Ain't I a lot of help? :D
is the fujita RAM Air intake CARB Legal by any chance?

·
Registered
916 Posts
The fujita isn't carb legal but who cares about it being carb legal. Just take of the part when you need to smog it or just pay someone to let you pass ;)

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
MattyRattyPoo said:
The fujita isn't carb legal but who cares about it being carb legal. Just take of the part when you need to smog it or just pay someone to let you pass ;)
sounds fair enough. :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
is anyone having problems running a fujita air intake in their 06 xb's? i've heard mix things about them chaning something in the intake system? anyone that have 06's with intakes having any problems? preferrably the fujita intakes? thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
allow me to shed some light on the intakes of xB's.

ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME DESIGNS, well, except for the perrin, that's original.

The short ram is exactly the same design in Injen, Fujita, ebay, YDR, etc.

The CAI's are the same, injen, AEM....

oh K&N is an original design as well, but not a very good one.

If someone asks about short rams, which brand to get..... get the cheapest, since they're all the same pipe design.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
all intakes are also compatible with 06 xB's?

hayalex6 said:
allow me to shed some light on the intakes of xB's.

ALL OF THEM ARE THE SAME DESIGNS, well, except for the perrin, that's original.

The short ram is exactly the same design in Injen, Fujita, ebay, YDR, etc.

The CAI's are the same, injen, AEM....

oh K&N is an original design as well, but not a very good one.

If someone asks about short rams, which brand to get..... get the cheapest, since they're all the same pipe design.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.