Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm sure this topic is beaten to death. but, i just want to get everyone's opinion that has a aftermarket intake. I've been looking into fujita, but they are the same makers of the injen one. then there's aem intake sounds good too since it's got the water lock thing in there cai system. which one would you recommend?

also worth it to stick to a RAM or a CAI one? thanks in advance everyone! :)

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
All short rams are the same design except for Perrin.

CAI wise, the K&N has a bad design, whcih the filter is prone to fall off (it's pointing directly down).

plus CAI's aren't really necessary with xB's, since theshort rams have less bents, shorted tubes, and are basically a cold air intake, since they site so far away from the engine, behind the foglight

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hayalex6 said:
All short rams are the same design except for Perrin.

CAI wise, the K&N has a bad design, whcih the filter is prone to fall off (it's pointing directly down).

plus CAI's aren't really necessary with xB's, since theshort rams have less bents, shorted tubes, and are basically a cold air intake, since they site so far away from the engine, behind the foglight
so just get a RAM intake instead of a CAI? which intake is made best? or which one should i end up picking up?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the AEM CAI which I love. I've had it since I got the car a year ago and never had a single problem with it. I also have a Perrin short ram sitting in my garage. The Perrin is extremely nice because of where it sits if you're running an open aftermarket upper grill like myself. Also Ive never seen the Perrin intake installed on an xB. Ive seen every other intake a million times...

·
Registered
94 Posts
toyotaxb said:
That search button works last time I checked.
There must be a countless number of topics on intakes.
Why are you such a dick, man? He probably searched and if he didn't, who cares? Well, other than you...

Back on track here... I have a Fujita short system and love it. I really think they are all similar - well, the usual suspects... I think the Ebay generic ones are piles, but anyways, Perrin, Fujita, AEM, etc. are pretty good. I just based my decison on looks.

I like the Fujita hat I received!!!:D

·
Registered
94 Posts
toyotaxb said:
For those of us that actually use the search function, it gets kind of
annoying when there are hundreds of results for a particular search when
ideally there should only be a few.
Do you know why that is?? It's because of repeat posts like this over
and over again. So why is it bad that I point out the search function?
It would help the next person trying to do a little research on something
and not having to spend hours reading repeats posts on the same topic.

I actually believe the person who started this post did do a search for intakes.
Then after seeing the 260 results that come from searching 'intake', he
decided 'screw this' and started a new post.

You should think before you comment next time Lizard.
Actually, you should read before you smart off. Seems a lot of people think you're kinda a dick sometimes. Actually, I read that a lot.

Instead of the way you approached it, maybe you could have been a little nicer and stated the same thing.

I did think and I thought you were a jerk. Enough thinking for ya?

Wanna change how things are done, why not become a moderator and have some things changed? If you've ever been on a public forum, many people tend to ask questions and either they have searched and read a bunch of posts that could have been older (Technology changes and new companies arise) or something like they could have forgot to search and instead of a harsh response like know-it-all you stated, they could have just read a few responses like he seems to be getting from the rest of us who overlook it.

You're a grumpy ol' guy, I suspect. The majority of your responses are like the one you first posted. Instead of giving thoughful feedback, you just *****. Nice...

Wait, i need to think. No, I was right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Um......back to intakes (regardless if he searched or not!)

I have the Injen Short Ram and I love it. Great sound, clean install, quality product for sure. Gains are very minor, more of a throttle response increase, really. (Although I think it's a little better at freeway passing now) - check out TRDSparks.com - the guy is super cool, his prices are great, and his shipping is insanely fast. I think I paid about $155 for mine - shipped!

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
PeruzziScion said:
I have the AEM CAI which I love. I've had it since I got the car a year ago and never had a single problem with it. I also have a Perrin short ram sitting in my garage. The Perrin is extremely nice because of where it sits if you're running an open aftermarket upper grill like myself. Also Ive never seen the Perrin intake installed on an xB. Ive seen every other intake a million times...

SORRY ITS NOT A BETTER PIC BUT I DIG PERRIN INTAKE

·
Registered
94 Posts
Oh, and don't forget the sound you gain from putting on a short intake!! It isn't a PHOOOMP sound like on a V6 or V8, but it is pretty cool, nonetheless...

·
Registered
762 Posts
how come the tC intakes whistle... i want that! i have an injen short ram btw

·
Registered
368 Posts
Typhoon here, I love mine. Great sound, and the filter has never fallen off. Could it be I installed mine the right way?or can it be the NO2 system keeps it on, who knows, who cares.

But I love mine anyway

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Since when Short Ram and CAI are two different things? Short Ram is one of the variations of the CAI designs. It is the most effecient setup since there are no bends and resistance to the air flow is minimal. And because of the much shorter path that air has to travel inside heated runner (just touch it after you have driven the car) its temperature stays closer to the temp of the outside air when it enters the manifold.
And as for my favorite: AEM Short Ram also called L-Pipe. Major factors being the reputation of the manufacturer and design- the PCV hose hooks up after the MAF sensor- just like the Toyota design.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
F5 Fujita, 'nuff said.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'm running the FX1 from ScionSport and I dig it.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Blitz SUS.

Looks different, and sounds like a nest of angry hornets under load!
Your strut bar looks hawt!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
which intake is CARB legal in the xB? is AEM?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
DTRAIN619 said:
Blitz SUS.

Looks different, and sounds like a nest of angry hornets under load!

THAT IS COOL

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.