Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I'm thinking about getting some coil overs on my car which are the best ones in the market right now? I'm not to educated in this, so if anyone can help me that would be great, also what does the electronic damping do kit do exactly?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Best coilovers are the kind of coilovers that have seperate spring adjustment & lower shock adjustment like JIC, D2, Ksport, & some of the higher end TEIN coilovers. You can lower the car & still retain suspension travel. Most other coilovers allow you to lower the spring & that's it. The more you lower, the less suspension travel you have & you eventually bottom out the car. That's when you start to blow the shocks faster.

As far as electronic dampening. You can set the stiffness of the shocks from th inside of your car instead of popping the hood open to get to the shock & manually turning the stiffness setting knob with your hands. I believe that TEIN is the only one that currently offers that. I heard that Ksport is also going to make one, but I don't know if Ksport makes coilovers for the xB yet.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I rock the Tein SuperSports!!!!! I want the EDFC sooooooooo bad, cuz when the lady is in the ride, I gotta pop the hood, adjust the damper, and then go to the back, pop the hatch, adjust the rear damper. It's kind of a PITA, so I'd like to spend the extra $300 for my laziness :D Ride quality is sweet all around. If you just wanna go low, I would suggest Progress or Cusco myself. But I' like railin the corners, so I went with performance.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how low do the TEIN SS go? i was thinking about getting them but i have a 2inch drop but i wouldnt mind going abit lower. is it lower than 2"?

·
Registered
276 Posts
your gonna getg mixed reviews so research is the only way to get a proper analysis... my friend has HKS but the spring rate is real soft so as low as he rides no one can ride in the back or it sags and rubs...

·
Registered
143 Posts
jpscion said:
your gonna getg mixed reviews so research is the only way to get a proper analysis... my friend has HKS but the spring rate is real soft so as low as he rides no one can ride in the back or it sags and rubs...
so.. what hks coilovers suck?.. seems like a lot of people here have hks coils.. by the way where can i get the cusco's?.. are there any specific kind of cusco which are good or they only make one kind?.. how is the ride on cusco?..hks has a pretty nice ride from what people have told me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I am amazed at how the KSports were overlooked from the post above.

I believe they are some of the better coilovers you can buy for the money. Expecially for people just wanting a nice street setup without spending $1k. Honestly in my opinion it is very hard to say that one company is the best as each company has had bad and good reviews from customers.

Mike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.