Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi.. i an new here and i was wondering whats coilovers are most people using on their xb's. i have the tein ss on my present car (galant) and they are hella nice. i am not too familiar with xb's so my questions is what is the best bang for the buck?.. considering price, quality of ride etc.. dont wanna spend more than 1000. please help a noob!!!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I have the TEIN Wagons (made for the bB not xB), and custom height/rate coilover springs from TEIN. I love them, and would only swap them out if I was to get air.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The Wagons are more closely related to the Basics, but had a softer spring rate.

·
Registered
813 Posts
You should check out Progress Coilovers, the get the best lowering for the money. The ride is freakin sweet too...it took me a little while to get use to it now i wouldnt change my coilovers for any other company...expect Air Runner that is

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i have some tein ss on my ride which is a galant and dude the ride is sick.. but now that i am changin cars i wanna know whats good for this car. ss has the dampning adjustablity which i like... ride is very sporty not very smooth some times but.. pretty good.. progress dont have the dampenin adjustablility do they?..

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
vacanza's ride nice and go low. i hear lots of good about progress. i'd prefer any setup where the rear lower perch is bolt in but whaever works for the money you've got i suppose.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Anyone here run the Tanabe coilovers??? Someone recommend those to be but not sure what to go with.. My original ideal was to run the tokico HTS and Tanabe Df210's...

What are your suggestions.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Mkkkkkkk....

I had a set of DF210s on mine, and dropped it 2.5-2.75 which wasnt too bad really. Ride is pretty stiff and handles really well.

Progress coilovers is what I have now, and they drop it insanely low, but then again the ride is "soft" and doesnt handle quite as well as DF210s. Theyre made for more of the drop, instead of handling. The ride isnt as bumpy on Progress, but then again it wasnt too bad on DFs either.

Teins are a weak drop IMHO. So are Tanabes. They dont drop it worth a damn. Just depends what you want for the budget. If you got the cash, get the Cuscos because the ride will be sporty and the drop will be low. Same goes for the Blitz Wagons from what Ive heard. If youre on a budget and want slammed, do Progress. If you're on a budget and want sporty handling with less of a drop, look at Tein. If you're on a budget and want a really crappy drop, get Tanabes.

I like my drop on Progress personally. Not even down all the way. Can without a doubt easily lay out with the setup Ive got.

Scotty

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks nice.. being new to the xb community isnt the stock xb itself pretty low?.. i mean if i get my xb and lower it about 2.3 inch its will look slammed wont it?..cause i have heard that progress drops about 4 inches?.. how much do teins drop?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pros and cons
teins ss: can lower up to 2.8(i think) and adjust the dampening
progress: lower up to 4 "(i think) but not adjustment dampening
. others.. not too sure.. please help with some input..
i also wanna hear some info on the rie quality on teins.. heard that progress ride is sweet but.. teins are more i wana know about

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I can still go an inch lower, but I wouldn't be able to drive it anywhere.

My wheel well archs are at 23 inches up front, and 23.25 inches in the rear.

I'm going to have to raise my xB when I put on the 18x9.5s in the rear and 18x8.5 up front.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.