Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've reached the point where just springs won't cut it anymore. My stock struts/shocks feel pretty much shot from those super stiff megan racing springs. So instead of putting some tanabes on some new strut shocks, I figure I might as well go coilovers. I know for under a grand I can get tanabe, tein, ksport, and progress and Im sure there are others out there also. I don't want too harsh of a ride because everyone already complains how harsh the ride is already. Though a used set isn't out of the question if they are in good condition also. So what's everyone out there like?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Progresssssss

·
Registered
869 Posts
how low was your xb with the megans? i like the tanabe DF210's the drop is nice and the ride is great... i have herd that coilovers suck for ride quality....but if you dont care about that go with coilovers

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It dropped the car around 2" it really needs 3 to make me happy. I wouldn't say the ride is any harsher on all coilovers, My ex had a sentra se on tein ss and it rode better than stock and it got it alot lower, but those are pricey with the pillowball mounts.

·
Yakima Rack God
433 Posts
ground control baby!!!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I want some Coils too, But I need the money first, and my wife would kill me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The girl is ok with me getting them as long as it makes it ride better and is under a grand...which totally amazed me, since she yelled at me for spending like $20 on some cold cathodes.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard the progress are really bouncy though. I'm thinking about ksports since you can get softer spring rates for no charge, but I'm not sure how soft to go.

·
Registered
199 Posts
In just saw some Blitz wagon coils on ebay for 925+shipping. i dont know what the ride is like on thoes but it might be worth looking into because they have adjustible damping control.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Im partial to Progress. Hella big drop. they suffer in terms of performance handling, but slam it low and ride pretty decent (theyre not that bouncy)

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Is that a recent pic, minus the rims? Looks good. Never mind, the weather looks too nice. :)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea thats pretty old. It was late July. Rocking different front lip, different grille, and different rims now. :) Gosh I love that pic though. Everyone will see the new look come World of Wheels in March.

scotty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.