Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK.....so one of my rims is bent on the lip....not too bad, but looks to be unfixable. However, it does still hold air. My question is, can I keep running the rim safely with the bend since it's still holding air? Or am I really taking a risk by running it with a bend and potentially if I hit something hard enough that it'll break the seal on the tire and the rim?

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Thats stupid to run a rim if its bent at all IMHO. Even if it is small. That would freak me out hardcore. Are they sportmax? Just buy another and be done with it. Dont risk it. Having a tire rip off the bead and shoot into your fender is a lot more expensive than buying a new rim. Just consider your current rim a nice coffee table.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
i agree wif scotty, yeah i ran a bent rim for a bit, made me too paranoid. it's waaay to risky. just to be in the safe side. toss it and purchase another one if it's unfixable.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
true.....thanks for the info and opinions. Anyone know of a retailer in Socal that sells Axis Decades for cheap? I just need one.

Thanks

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
try Wheel Warehouse, Superbuy tire, or Axis Directly - Or try calling Wheels America or Mag Master and see if it can be fixed.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
try Wheel Warehouse, Superbuy tire, or Axis Directly - Or try calling Wheels America or Mag Master and see if it can be fixed.
^^^^ Mag Masters can do some incredible stuff.

·
bB Squad son!
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hit up Island Motor Sports (714) 522-7457 for some Axis Wheels. WW is way expensive!!

Yeah WW is definitely expensive. I did call you guys today at Island....but unfortunately, someone beat your guys' price. But I did keep you guys in mind. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts