Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a how to do for this? Cause the instructions that they come with are very vague and not for a xb! So any help would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
these are different...i have like 5 different plugs to plug in....the ones you have didn't show any type of plug in from the pictures that i could get to load...but thanks for the help!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Here you go......

1. remove the screw that hols on the plastic surround. It's located near the clock/odometer on the underside of the surround.

2. pull surround towards you, it easily unsnaps.

3. remove the three (3) phillips screws that hold the instrument cluster in

4. lift instrument cluster out of dash

5. unclip the large plug on the back of the right end of the cluster

6. take cluster inside or to your workbench

Dissasembly of cluster......

1. unclip black plastic bezel and lens from cluster

2. take note of where each needle rests when guages are off and then remove needls by simply pulling them off

3. guage face will pull right off it is kind of snapped in on either side and there is a small hook under where the speedo needle was

4. replace guage face

Reassembly......

1. put new guage face on

2. press each needle on to their guage so they all point to the middle of each of their guages then very slowly rotate them to the left until they rest where you noted they rested before disassembly

3. snap black plastic bezel and lens back on

Repeat steps above for reinstallation of cluster in your dashboard

It's really simple, you don't need pics to figure it out.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
If you're careful, you can install it w/o removing the needles.

·
Registered
974 Posts
^^^ Correct, but the needles are so easy to remove and replace that I'd take them out just to make it easier.

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
with a little trial and error the needle can be put back to normal..it took me a few tries but my speedometer is on the money. Just a little planning and figuring it out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I did this and I will tell you be patient, the bBist gauge face is meant to be slid over the needles without removing them. Just take your time. Don't worry about the five connectors, you can use any one. The other ones are for add ons, most reverse gauges come with several of the connectors cause most cars have several gauges. I suggest you test drive you car before putting the gauge covers all on. Basically just put it together minus the clear plastic and last trim piece. You might need to reset the needles.

If the needles don't work right you might need to reset them. If you do post up again and I'll send you links or tell you how to do it. Hopefully they are fine cause you once again have to have much patience when you reset the needles.

·
Registered
974 Posts
ummmmm...I wouldnt advise that because your speedometer will be off when you put it back in. I would just take Squirrel's advice and just try to go around it. hope everything goes well.
I have removed my instrument cluster and changed faces I don't know how many times and none of my gauges are off.

Posts like yours are why everyone is so scared to take apart their instruments when in fact it is VERY simple and nearly impossible to mess up.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I mean removal of the needles too.

I have taken the needles off of my gauges countless times. The gauges all have internal stops so all you have to do to put the needles on and "calibrate them" so to speak is to put the needles on so they point towards the middle of the gauge they are on. Once on turn them to the left until they point where they were resting when you removed the needles.

It's incredibly simple and you literally can't screw up your gauges. You have to remember who or what is assembling these things in the first place.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I mean removal of the needles too.

I have taken the needles off of my gauges countless times. The gauges all have internal stops so all you have to do to put the needles on and "calibrate them" so to speak is to put the needles on so they point towards the middle of the gauge they are on. Once on turn them to the left until they point where they were resting when you removed the needles.

It's incredibly simple and you literally can't screw up your gauges. You have to remember who or what is assembling these things in the first place.
QFT............

·
Registered
974 Posts
QFT?

How about you let me prove my point that insturment cluster removal, disassembly, and reassembly is super easy so more people are inclined to do it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
How do I reset my speedo needle. When I was putting it on my friend was messing with it. And now it isn't level. The needle sets lower then the 0. What can I do,

·
Registered
662 Posts
How do I reset my needles? When I was putting the bbist speedo in my friend was messing with the speedo needle. I didn't take the needles out I put the speedo over the needles. And now the needle sits lower then the 0. What can I do?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.