Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The gauge face works and all the needles have been reset. No problems there.
The issue I am having is that when I turn the lights on the whole gauge face lights up. If you see the pictures of the gauge online at night with the lights on the whole gauge is dark except the numbers and the lower two needles.

My gauge the whole thing lights up. I've done searches on google and every other website I could think of and I came up with nothing. I already emailed bBist and I am still awaiting a reply.

I was hoping someone else ran into the same problem and was able to fix it.

Wiring wise, I have it set up like so.

Power- the harness that connects to the gauge/instrument panel, I used the green wire, pin number 26. Which, from what electrical diagrams I have on the car, is connected to the combination switch (headlight switch).

Ground- is located at the passenger kickpanel. I'm pretty sure it's not the ground. lol

Other wise the gauge works great. The colors change, the dimmer works, I get the annoying whine from the inverter, lol.

Anyone out there know of the problem and hopefully the fix? I know one scionlife.com memeber had the same problem with the guage face lighting but he decided to leave it that way.

I hope someone out there knows something.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok here's what it's supposed to look like

this is what mine looks like

hopefully this explains it a little better. I know my camera sucks but it's all I got. BTW the photo is taken at night.

Anyone?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I pm'd him scionlife, but have yet to hear a response. Honestly I'm not sure if even he knows what is up. Then again I'm still waiting for his reply. All I know is I can see the speed really good but fuel level I kinda have to guesstimate where I am which isn't hard to do lol.

·
Registered
197 Posts
lol... you got the bootlegged one like I did. It ain't the real bbist gauge... which means you probably didn't get it from bbist. I love the new look of his car by the way =)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
strange I got it from ssuperstore.com and he said he was getting it from bBist. then again who can you believe nowadays? I still think it's fixable.

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's only fixable by getting a different one.

It looks as though the one you bought is different than what you though you were buying.

I haven't purchased anything from bBist yet, but I have asked him a few things and he seems like a straight shooter, I don't see why he wouldn't help you out.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bBist only makes one type of gauge and other people have had this problem. Although I am still waiting to hear from bBist himself.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's not that I don't like it, it's hard to read at night. The picture really isn't a good representation. You can't read how fast you are going cause the background is so bright. Trust me I wanted one of these since I got my B.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ViP_WaNNaBe said:
lol... you got the bootlegged one like I did. It ain't the real bbist gauge... which means you probably didn't get it from bbist. I love the new look of his car by the way =)
where did you pic up your gauge?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LIttle update:

Got off the phone with bBist, BTW he's a really cool guy.

Anyway, I got a fake one, poop. I figure I'd just leave it on cause it's a PITA to get the overlay over the needles. At least it still looks cool. :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No you don't need to take the needles off. It slips right over the needles . . . well it take a little work but you can check bBIst site it says not to take the needles off just slip it over. lol. One of the reasons I was stoked on it. I've messed up too many gauges taking needles off.

·
Registered
974 Posts
But the xB guages don't get messed up by taking off the needles.

Just turn each guage to the left where it would rest on the stop. Take note of where they fall, then just slide them off.

It would make that guage face 1000000% easier to put on.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While that is true I am very lazy. lol. I've reset my needles numerous times already. Personally, I'm just to lazy to worry about it so I'm going to leave it on. lol. I'm already moving on to the next project. I'm a little peeved, but hey what can you do. I'm just lazy. lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just hope when I do my bags I don't get a set of fake bags lol :D

·
Registered
974 Posts
Ghost_1 said:
I just hope when I do my bags I don't get a set of fake bags lol :D
How are you gonna do bags if you are too lazy to change out a instrument cluster face.... lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's where my friend who did his bags and the mechanic I work with come in. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.