Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to meet a owner of the new bB here in Singapore.... so we put our cars together and took some pictures.... well for you guys to judge which is better, the new or the old..... too bad the US don't have this new bB just as yet.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'll go first, If you both had the same rims. I would like the Original, I like the wheels on the new one so I'm going with the new. I just don't care for the Chrome wheels.

Oh and I do have a White xB, I'm sure that's the main reason for liking the White.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Do you live in Singapore for good or military reasons or something. Just wondering if there is a chance of seeing your bB brought back to the states, or is it something that would have to be sold before coming here.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Padanky said:
Do you live in Singapore for good or military reasons or something. Just wondering if there is a chance of seeing your bB brought back to the states, or is it something that would have to be sold before coming here.
hahhaa.... I am not American.... I live in Singapore and is a citizen here... :mad:

·
Registered
659 Posts
new is nicer than 1st thought but still think it looks like a PT Cruiser front and rear don't like the grill on the new one just keep it there i for one don't want one like my box boxie

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
KapitanE said:
hahhaa.... I am not American.... I live in Singapore and is a citizen here... :mad:

Cool, I was just wondering. So to you the bB is not what the bB is to us, it's just a bB. New or Old.:mad: :( :D

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Padanky said:
Cool, I was just wondering. So to you the bB is not what the bB is to us, it's just a bB. New or Old.:mad: :( :D
:confused: To me, mine is a bB... while the rest of US has a xB trying to disguise as a bB:D :D kekkkekekee......:D :D :D

But anyhow, both the xB and the bB share many parts, except the engine... and importantly, my steering wheel is on the right, while your is on the left... and btw I had mine imported in specially from Japan, factory fitted with sunroof, folding side mirrors and tinted rear window and windscreen.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Its almost like the new bB is the naughty cousin to the xB. ;)

I don't really care for the new one, but I cannot say that I hate it ... they are relatives after all. :p

Thank you for the cool pics!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
KapitanE said:
:confused: To me, mine is a bB... while the rest of US has a xB trying to disguise as a bB:D :D kekkkekekee......:D :D :D

But anyhow, both the xB and the bB share many parts, except the engine... and importantly, my steering wheel is on the right, while your is on the left... and btw I had mine imported in specially from Japan, factory fitted with sunroof, folding side mirrors and tinted rear window and windscreen.
True, but if you had a left hand drive it would be the same as us having a right hand drive.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The 'new' bB is not as stomach turning in white as it is in most of the colors they have chosen to advertise it in. :)

It actually looks like a nice vehicle, and will probably sell well - especially considering it's Toyota roots.

All that being said, I still prefer my BOX. One of the reasons I initially wanted and eventually bought this lost 'Tokyo City Car' was it's unapologetic squareness. :D

Thanks for the pics!!!

Tom

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Damn... they actually made that? Honestly I thought it was a cruel joke and only a concept car. I'd have to say the original all the way. The new one looks way too much like a PT Cruiser.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
:D OK.........at first, I hated the new style. But now that Im looking at these pics.............prepare urself................:eek: I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! I'd totally buy it if it had the 2.4 in it. I like the lines of the side profile and the front. I could put up with the whole PT rear with putting a killer body kit on it

·
Registered
30 Posts
hate to say it but the side look to the back is better for the spoiler Lip.
but really it looks like a pt hit from the back by a mazda 5.
im really looking forward to the space mountain ice blue paddy wagon one scion's shown on their site.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I am heading to Singapore in 12 hours to sleep for a night and head to Kuala Lumpur the next day.... Hope to get to see both old and new bB there!! :D

Is there any place i can get some bB stuff in Singapore or even in Malaysia?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
daramg said:
I am heading to Singapore in 12 hours to sleep for a night and head to Kuala Lumpur the next day.... Hope to get to see both old and new bB there!! :D

Is there any place i can get some bB stuff in Singapore or even in Malaysia?
There are no even a single bB in Malaysia. As for bB parts in Sg, well you could get the chrome wipers.... the shop is located at Ubi... here is their website.

http://www.imperial-concepts.com/web/

Give them a call, they have lotsa generic car stuff, including fusa, VIP pedals etc. Look for CS or Patrick.....

If you could stay longer in Singapore, let me know...maybe I could show you my car and bring you to the showroom to look at the new bB.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.