Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if you bb afficionados would be able to answer this one.

I just found out my new coworker is going to China over the holidays. He is visiting the in-laws. Turns out he has a connection with someone in Customs over there.

So my question is what kind of parts could one find for the bb/xb in China? Obviously smaller items like interior is better suited, but body kits would be interesting as well since I priced out the cost of stock pieces at $1400. Time for a new kit.

Also are any of the bb magazines available in China?

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Why would you have problems running car parts through customs? It's just plastic or steel, or aluminum that aren't in the form of weapons.

The problem is when you try to import a whole car that doesn't meet our safety or emmisions requirements.

I could be wrong though.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
customs guy repackages his stuff in better boxes for free. I am not looking to bring an entire car over here only some aftermarket parts. Although I would love the awd trans, and differentials.

·
Registered
168 Posts
the NCP30 and 31's were not sold in China and there had been no market there for them. At best, if you found something for one there it would have been out of luck, finding a factory that was making the parts for export. There aren't going to be any souped up bB's running around or custom shops loaded down with bB parts.

ALTHOUGH, now that the body style is officially dead, all the presses have been sent to China and they will be making the body style for their own market (just as they still make "new" 15 year old 4Runners and other styles from the early 90's). The "new" NCP31 bB has a totally different front end, if you could hold of one of those, you'd probably be hailed as the new CDM God. You need the LED headlights, fenders, hood, front bumper cover, the rest can be fab'd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.