Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That thing is HUGE! Is it made for a truck or something?
I think the group size is 31 so yeah im pretty sure something that big would be a direct replacement for a big truck battery.
I originally bought the battery for my other car stereo project car ('87 VW 16v Scirocco) but that car has been on hold.
So instead of spending another 300$ or so on a couple of new batteries my installer said he could make this one fit and as you can see it fits "like a glove"
Just so no one is confused I did not do the work it was done by my buddy Devin who has a stereo shop in La Crescenta called Audio Advice.
Next step is the alternator.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is huge, i guess if you wanted a short ram you'd have to go perrin..lol
At this point im way more concerned with the stereo. The bass amp im running can pull 100a on its own...so before I put it back in I want the electrical system to be up to the task.
I was driving to work about a week and a half ago and cranking on the system the cd player shut off due to low voltage and a couple of the input devices (that is what my friend told me who fixs the amps)blew in the amp and filled my car with some nice stinky smoke.
So no bass for me for a while :(

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
What alternator are you going with? My bass amp draws at least 80 amps.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What alternator are you going with? My bass amp draws at least 80 amps.
Thats the problem im trying to find a fitment for it.
Im going to send a stock one to this guy in riverside who built the alt for my scirocco and he is goin to try to find a larger case that will fit our cars.
So as soon as I know anything ill let everyone interested know.

What amp are you running?

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Don't forget a trickle cap! Yes, many people don't like em, and even if your electrical system CAN handle it, it's always nice to have an extra juice storage device even if it is for short bursts....But again, that's why you'd get a trickle cap.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't forget a trickle cap! Yes, many people don't like em, and even if your electrical system CAN handle it, it's always nice to have an extra juice storage device even if it is for short bursts....But again, that's why you'd get a trickle cap.
Even if I wanted to run a cap I dont have room for one.
My sub box takes up the entire hatch area and the amps and future signal processor will take up all the room under the seats.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Thats the problem im trying to find a fitment for it.
Im going to send a stock one to this guy in riverside who built the alt for my scirocco and he is goin to try to find a larger case that will fit our cars.
So as soon as I know anything ill let everyone interested know.

What amp are you running?

I'm running an Arc Audio 1k watt.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is a HUGE battery! Can the Scions charging system keep it full? I bet you can run the piss out of your system though. Good job.
The stock alternator can keep the battery charged but im not running my bass amp right now until I get an alternator built, so my system isnt pulling alot of amperage..so the alt doesnt have to keep up with much draw.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.