Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help with the baking the headlight i need someone that know how to bake them and not burn them....

if you can do it for me i will give you 2 set of headlight 1 set oem and 1 set halo

and you people say that squirrel can do it he said he can't please

send help.............. i want to get this mod done for the Folsom Meet

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Sorry mang, I have never cracked open a set of xB headlights.

I wish I knew how so I could crack mine open.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Jeff just did his last weekend and it was pretty easy. He didn't have any troubles. What I recall is 250 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes. Something like that. Don't forget to use hot pads!

I will try to ask him later, but I make no promises. :p

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
i used the hammer & pop out worked great {"ding" oven} meatloafs done

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
WARNING/CAUTION
YOU ARE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MODS/WORK/ALTERATIONS, THAT YOU DO/PERFORM ON YOURS/HIS/HER PROPERTY.
BY PRECEDING THESE MOD/WORK/ALTERATIONS, YOU HAVE TAKEN FULL RESPONSIBILITY & NO OTHER PARTIES ARE LIABLE.
USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION.USE SAFTEY FIRST.

Take off the grill, bumper, headlight, wire harness, w/ appropriate tools. 10mm socket/wrench, ext. , philips & small flathead screwdriver.

I went ahead and took out the Projectors, LED, but not the HALO's (just to see how things are.)

Prepare for the oven

In the Oven, 250 F for 5-7 min. (gauge temp. & min.) Easyoff oven cleaner optional j/k I know...it's dirty.

Pull apart Lens/cover w/ your fingers. (do not use sharp object) Be patience and work it. If need be, Re-heat in the oven to soften the seal.

Clean out/off old seal.
Use clear or black waterproof/resistant silicone sealer. (original seal is Black)
Apply seal and run a good bead. Clean off excess run off w/ finger & wipe clean.

After putting the Lens/Cover back on, check the contact w/ Lens and the housing that it sit's properly. I put the housing under a couch cushion, and I added some weight to it so that the Lens/Cover will set firmly on the housing. (Cure time depend's on the product.)

Re-assemble Projectors and LED's

Put everything back as it should, and there ya go!

Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Cool, thanks man, thinking about doing this mod this weekend. Should be interesting lol. Anything special to know about removing/re-installing the bumper? I havn't done it yet.

·
Registered
949 Posts
scionbox123 said:
i need some help with the baking the headlight i need someone that know how to bake them and not burn them....

if you can do it for me i will give you 2 set of headlight 1 set oem and 1 set halo

and you people say that squirrel can do it he said he can't please

send help.............. i want to get this mod done for the Folsom Meet
what do you want to do with them i have a cleared set i'll just trade you if you wanna pay for shipping

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice job! I am currently trying to build up the courage to try it on mine. Sweet countertops btw:D Marble rocks!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have pictures like that!

Attachments

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
hayalex6 said:
What'd you guys use to reseal the lights?
so whats the good sealant to use, brand? what color did you guys used?

DTRAIN619 said:
Also ran a bead of RTV just to be on the safe side.
Whats a RTV?

sorry, im new to this baking/resealing things...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.