Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help with the baking the headlight i need someone that know how to bake them and not burn them....

if you can do it for me i will give you 2 set of headlight 1 set oem and 1 set halo

and you people say that squirrel can do it he said he can't please

send help.............. i want to get this mod done for the Folsom Meet

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Sorry mang, I have never cracked open a set of xB headlights.

I wish I knew how so I could crack mine open.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Jeff just did his last weekend and it was pretty easy. He didn't have any troubles. What I recall is 250 degrees in the oven for 10 minutes. Something like that. Don't forget to use hot pads!

I will try to ask him later, but I make no promises. :p

·
Registered
198 Posts
ive done it also id constantly be checking on them like every other minute to make sure they dont melt but ya 250 or less and check them aft 3 to 4 minutes until they come apart

·
Registered
198 Posts
i had to pull and pry mine apart, i didnt want to leave them in to long and risk melting them. I also used a flat head screwdriver to help with prying them apart.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yeah he sat there "perched" on the chair the entire time it was in there. I've never seen him give the oven that much attention!

Mine are next up, this weekend. YAY :D

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
WARNING/CAUTION
YOU ARE SOLEY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY MODS/WORK/ALTERATIONS, THAT YOU DO/PERFORM ON YOURS/HIS/HER PROPERTY.
BY PRECEDING THESE MOD/WORK/ALTERATIONS, YOU HAVE TAKEN FULL RESPONSIBILITY & NO OTHER PARTIES ARE LIABLE.
USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION.USE SAFTEY FIRST.

Take off the grill, bumper, headlight, wire harness, w/ appropriate tools. 10mm socket/wrench, ext. , philips & small flathead screwdriver.

I went ahead and took out the Projectors, LED, but not the HALO's (just to see how things are.)

Prepare for the oven

In the Oven, 250 F for 5-7 min. (gauge temp. & min.) Easyoff oven cleaner optional j/k I know...it's dirty.

Pull apart Lens/cover w/ your fingers. (do not use sharp object) Be patience and work it. If need be, Re-heat in the oven to soften the seal.

Clean out/off old seal.
Use clear or black waterproof/resistant silicone sealer. (original seal is Black)
Apply seal and run a good bead. Clean off excess run off w/ finger & wipe clean.

After putting the Lens/Cover back on, check the contact w/ Lens and the housing that it sit's properly. I put the housing under a couch cushion, and I added some weight to it so that the Lens/Cover will set firmly on the housing. (Cure time depend's on the product.)

Re-assemble Projectors and LED's

Put everything back as it should, and there ya go!

Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Cool, thanks man, thinking about doing this mod this weekend. Should be interesting lol. Anything special to know about removing/re-installing the bumper? I havn't done it yet.

·
Registered
949 Posts
scionbox123 said:
i need some help with the baking the headlight i need someone that know how to bake them and not burn them....

if you can do it for me i will give you 2 set of headlight 1 set oem and 1 set halo

and you people say that squirrel can do it he said he can't please

send help.............. i want to get this mod done for the Folsom Meet
what do you want to do with them i have a cleared set i'll just trade you if you wanna pay for shipping

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry the offer is off...

thank you.... Thundergod your the best.... i follow your instruction and it work just fine.... next step is put it together and start my next project....

Attachments

·
Registered
827 Posts
Nice job! I am currently trying to build up the courage to try it on mine. Sweet countertops btw:D Marble rocks!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Yummy, smells like fresh clear corners to me!

Nice job.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have pictures like that!

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
all i did was put in back in the oven for 5 minutes take it out and squeeze it together and hug it to sleep

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
hayalex6 said:
What'd you guys use to reseal the lights?
so whats the good sealant to use, brand? what color did you guys used?

DTRAIN619 said:
Also ran a bead of RTV just to be on the safe side.
Whats a RTV?

sorry, im new to this baking/resealing things...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.