1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Floating Around Somewhere
11,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that some folk's here and on the othes scion sites have xb's that are
bagged. Do you use your xb as a daily driver and if so how is your air ride
system working? Do you have any regrets or complaints? Hows the reliability
factor? Your answers will help me make a very expensive decision. Thank's.

PS -- I drive about 80 miles round trip everyday so reliability is key.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I drive mine about half the time to work and I have been happy with mine. It takes a little time to adjust the "sweet spot" for ride comfort. Once you find the best inflation rate the ride is not bad. If you are in the position to spend more you can buy a digital monitor system and life is sweet. It automatically checks and adjusts the air pressure levels. I chose not to spend the extra 600 bucks for it.

There are a lot of kits out there and most of them offer basically the same stuff. I would advise you go for one with two compressors and a five gallon tank. It keeps the motors from working overtime and heating up.

If you have some specific questions hit me up with a PM.

The one thing I can tell you Ray, it's all worth it when a stock Box pulls up next to you at a light and you hit the up button! Blows them away. :D

·
Registered
173 Posts
i own a bagged daily driver and it is great, i have not had any thing go wrong with it and it is so much fun to play with.

tegan

·
Registered
44 Posts
wackblackxb said:
i own a bagged daily driver and it is great, i have not had any thing go wrong with it and it is so much fun to play with.

tegan
ditto.
p.s. my daily drive is approx. 60 miles round trip
- Dustin

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
i'm a daily driver and i'll be on bags very soon. i have a complete kit sitting here right now. just need the time to install it!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Cravin said:
Mine is going to be a daily driver too, if big semi-trucks can use bags no problem then why should we not be able to? :|
Totally different, but oh well. :p

I cant justify bags on mine seeing as I ride lower than everyone else already, and the chance for mess up in the weather Nebraska gets scary for me. Just my opinion. I suppose if you lived in Socal or somewhere else it wouldnt be a deal at all. And for those that say "Oh we have days colder than Nebraska", you are right, but you dont have the temperature ranges that we get either. Bags have their place in the world. I dont think theyre for everyone though.

scotty

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ScionScotty said:
Totally different, but oh well. :p

I cant justify bags on mine seeing as I ride lower than everyone else already, and the chance for mess up in the weather Nebraska gets scary for me. Just my opinion. I suppose if you lived in Socal or somewhere else it wouldnt be a deal at all. And for those that say "Oh we have days colder than Nebraska", you are right, but you dont have the temperature ranges that we get either. Bags have their place in the world. I dont think theyre for everyone though.

scotty
One more reason I'm happy to live in sunny So Cal. And I don't have to worry about losing my lips or frame brace on speed bumps or drive ways. :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
scvscions said:
You could be this low everyday. You have to think when you drive. :D

Hell, the snakes have to watch out for Jason! Nothing is going under his ride. :eek:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
scvscions said:
You'll thank me if it ever snows, I'll be the only plow for miles :p
You'll always be at the front of the caravans. The flaming xB snow plow. That would be a sight!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
weird my post is gone. Jason, just curious if you know what fender apex to ground is on the front?

Id like to go along with Jason too, and say cruising low is the only way!

:)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I know it was, but i dont know anymore. People keep saying that the full front bumper short bus and others have it really low too. My car lays out no problem, with more room to spare :)

·
NO CLUB
369 Posts
Come on Ray, bag that thing already. You could be somewhere between these ^^^ guys, and this:

·
Registered
173 Posts
^ crazy dude. i have seen your work before and it is sick. great work:D

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.