Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm back off of vacation. Did a nice little road trip on the West Coast in My box and had fun. Lot's of fun!

So on to the question at hand. It seems that a spot has formed on my hood. It's on the drivers side and about the size of a regular ceramic coffee cup. It looks as though the clearcoat is being eaten away and the paint is being exposed. I checked underneath the hood to see if there was any scorched spots int he protective material and nothing.

Has anyone else had any problems with their paint at all? I went to the dealership where I bought the car (used) and they said they would need to get the Scion rep to come down from LA to look at it. Now I worked graveyard at that time and told them the best time to get me would be in the early morning. Well they told me the guy was down and would be at the shop around the time I got off work. So I got off a bit early so I could drive there and meet him. Needless to say the guy was stuck in traffic and was going to be late. What they didnt' tell me was he was in LA still! Long story (I know, I'm sorry) they were going to call me when he arrived to bring the car by so he could inspect the paint. They never called and now it seems they are just stating that the y guy will be down and they'll contact me when he does.

I wrote an email to Scion via Scion.com and actually got a response tonight. I'll be calling them in the morning asap! I know we have a few scion dealers in here so is there anything else I can do? What am I looking at if there is a problem with the paint? The car wasn't in an accident so there was no body work done. Now also upon further inspection I found a rough spot on the back hatch near the liscense plate... Uggggh my poor paint!

Hopefully they will find a solution to this.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Are you sure someone did't put bologna on your hood for a while. I know it sounds weird, but I used to do that to peeps that pissed me off. Put it on their car and leave it there for a couple of hours then come by later in the night and take it off. It seriously F's up the paint :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Are you sure someone did't put bologna on your hood for a while. I know it sounds weird, but I used to do that to peeps that pissed me off. Put it on their car and leave it there for a couple of hours then come by later in the night and take it off. It seriously F's up the paint :D :D :D
Which brand does the most damage?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I've heard the bologna thing before. Can you believe we eat that crap?

Anyway, I haven't heard of any problems like that before now, so your problem is pretty unique.

If you haven't already, take several high quality pictures of the damaged areas of your paint. Use a variety of lighting to get them to show up (flourescent usually works best). Give prints of the pictures to the dealership asap. If they don't get your car in to be looked at within a week, offer to drop it off with them if they can hook you up with a loaner.

-Alex

·
Registered
99 Posts
Please...

Gcat007 said:
First off I'm back off of vacation. Did a nice little road trip on the West Coast in My box and had fun. Lot's of fun!

So on to the question at hand. It seems that a spot has formed on my hood. It's on the drivers side and about the size of a regular ceramic coffee cup. It looks as though the clearcoat is being eaten away and the paint is being exposed. I checked underneath the hood to see if there was any scorched spots int he protective material and nothing.

Has anyone else had any problems with their paint at all? I went to the dealership where I bought the car (used) and they said they would need to get the Scion rep to come down from LA to look at it. Now I worked graveyard at that time and told them the best time to get me would be in the early morning. Well they told me the guy was down and would be at the shop around the time I got off work. So I got off a bit early so I could drive there and meet him. Needless to say the guy was stuck in traffic and was going to be late. What they didnt' tell me was he was in LA still! Long story (I know, I'm sorry) they were going to call me when he arrived to bring the car by so he could inspect the paint. They never called and now it seems they are just stating that the y guy will be down and they'll contact me when he does.

I wrote an email to Scion via Scion.com and actually got a response tonight. I'll be calling them in the morning asap! I know we have a few scion dealers in here so is there anything else I can do? What am I looking at if there is a problem with the paint? The car wasn't in an accident so there was no body work done. Now also upon further inspection I found a rough spot on the back hatch near the liscense plate... Uggggh my poor paint!

Hopefully they will find a solution to this.
Please let me know what happens and who you contacted. My wife's box is starting to do the same thing and was corious to see how to go about it to fix it. Any help would be appriciated. thanks!

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Scion contacted me and they want me to call them. I'll be doing that Monday. I will be getting some pics ASAP as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.